Windows Software problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BjFaeTorphins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm having various problems with the Nautilus Lifeline Windows Desktop software.

The first problem was when updating the Firmware during the initial setup. It caused my PC to BLUE SCREEN. After a restart it seems to sort itself out and the firmware got updated, but not before my heart nearly stopped due to a message which said that the unit had no firmware.

A few days later i'm trying to connect the lifeline to the software and my PC blue screens again. Its been a VERY long time since i'm seem a windows blue screen and i'm a software developer working with all sorts of early release software.

After a restart i cant get the Lifeline software to start. The window briefly flashes up then goes away.

Any suggestions?

I've tried downloading the latest software and made sure Microsoft Security Essentials is not blocking.

I tried uninstalling then reinstalling which seemed to fix the problem.

However, on installing I was prompted to update the firmware which failed leaving the unit with no firmware.

After a bit of plugging and unplugging the software recognised that there was no firmware and prompted for a 3 button reset which kicked of the firmware install again which worked.

Also, I took the unit with me diving this last weeked for the first time and I'm glad to report that I didn't need it.

The coastguard happened to be passing when we were kitting up and stopped for a chat. He seemed well impressed with the Nautilus and that we were so prepared.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom