Wimpy mounting plate upgraded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Underwater Ogre

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok...not here to knock SeaLife...I love there cameras:D...but the mounting plates don't quite hold up to my "bull in a china shop" hands.

I did a bit of an upgrade...thought I would post it here so if anyone is as rough as me, there is a solution.
Used some 3/8" high density poly plastic and an old Ikelite handle off of my old SLR housing. A few calculated drilled holes, added a UK stainless light mount and I am good to go.

As you can see from my pictures I am hard on the lens clip too.

Cheers
U/O

Again...I do love my DC500

Attachments

• DC500.JPG
    DC500.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 122
  • DC500A.JPG
    DC500A.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 112
What did you do to keep the camera from swivelling on the mount? The original plate has the small "t.it" that goes into the housing's under plate

What did you do to keep the camera from swivelling on the mount? The original plate has the small "t.it" that goes into the housing's under plate

If you look closely in the picture on the left, there is a small piece of plastic plate screwed to the bracket with some SS screws. Its rest against the camera to prevent the twisting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom