Wilmington, NC pics - feedback?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

volvorules

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well I got home yesterday from my first 2 dives with my new camera, bought a G11 and the Canon housing. I know it's not ideal for super awesome shots, but I'm just starting out and on a budget. Camera worked great, took pics in RAW and did some quick white balance post processing with the digital photo professional program that the camera came with. Didn't spend a bunch of time on them, as I'm not too familiar with the software yet, but wanted to get some feedback on what I've done so far. Here are the pics:

DPP_0002.jpgDPP_0001.jpg

DPP_0004.jpgDPP_0003.jpg

DPP_0006.jpgDPP_0005.jpg

So, any suggestions on improvements that can be done either under water or with the software? All images were shot in P (program) mode, and white balance on auto. ISO auto too.

I've seen lots of excellent photos shot with the Canon G10 and G11. Learn, ask questions, and practice.

You're going to hear this a lot - the number one thing you can do to improve your photos is to get closer.

I'd stay away from program mode. You can't control either shutter speed or aperture in P.

As Phil says, get closer, then get more closer, then get even more closer. Shoot up if you can and use M mode. Set up some flowers on your kitchen table (or a cat if it sleeps a lot) and shoot a lot of pics. One thing you notice in your pics is that it is tough to shoot through lots of water. To get the really awesome pics of the sharks you need a really wide angle lens that lets you focus close. Unless you are in the Nasa tank it is tough to shoot through 20 to 30 feet of water and get sharp pics.
Practice a lot, you are on the right track.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom