Williston, FL camping opportunities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reeldive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Planning on diveing the Blue Grotto, near Wiliston FL, this weekend (my Son will be getting his OW Check-out there Sunday) we want to join him there and maybe photo the event. Just wondering if any one is famillar wit camp site in the area. We are tent campers. any sugestions? Reports?

Devils Den, across the highway, offers camping and diving(a better dive IMO).

Devils Den has a campground. Dive both sites if you can. I have enjoyed both. Devils Den is less expensive.

I agree on camping at Devil's Den (very close by) and dive both sites if at all possible.

There is a great BBQ place on far side of Williston (Froggy's BBQ)! It sure doesn't look like much but is very good!

(I wouldn't even go in there on a dare IF someone hadn't strongly recommended it to me!)

I live within 3 miles of both places. Call Devil's Den & book a campsite. 352-528-3344. Their overall fees & airfills are cheaper than B. Grotto. Bring all your own gear !
That is " Frog's BBQ " on the east side. If you drive W. to Bronson, the next town , 7 miles away, there is a new KOOL place called " Bubba-Q's " on the left as you enter town.
Weather link ==
Williston, Florida (32696) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

Last edited:
Ok, Frog's BBQ THANKS!

I will try the other place when we go back (probably Jan & Feb next year).

Back
Top Bottom