Will the Sony DSC P10 work w/ mpk-p9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sean00xj

Reaction score
Well it looks like I picked the worst time to purchase a digital camera and housing. I am in Australia and on June 12th I'll be taking a extensive dive trip on the barrier reef. I want to have a digital camera and housing. I am buying a sony because I currently have a sony dsc p71. There doesn't seem to be a housing for it so I want to buy a P9 and the mpk-p9. I plan on selling the p-71 to my brother. By buying a sony I'll be able to use the memory sticks and adaptors that I already have for the camera. I just bought a mpk-p9 off of ebay. I went to circuit city's website and they no longer carry the p9. SO.... my Dad is meeting me at the great barrier reef on the 14th of June. When will the p10 be out and do you think it will work with the the mpk-p9

It looks a bit glum in regards to fitting a P10 in the same housing as a P9.

The P2, P7 and P9 all fit in one housing. The P8 and P10 fit in another.

Sean I just did a quick search of Yahoo and 68 vendors showed up listing the DSC-P9 for anywhere from $416 to $530. They are still availible, you've got more than a month. One good thing, you already own a P71 you are trained in the operation of this camera. The P9 should be pretty similiar.

I have a DSC-P5 and housing and just love the little guy. You should have a great time and get lots of good shots.

now it looks like i can get the sony p 10 for 499 and the housing for it, mpk-pha for 250, i think this is a better buy than the p9 and mpk p9, there gonna cost me about the same the p10 will start shipping on the 22nd of may and imagestation.com says it has the mpk-pha in stock, any reason why i shouldn't do this?

I was thinking about the same set up.
Also waiting for the availability.
I've seen the housing on the net for $200,
I'm still looking into the camera itself, I'm looking for $450.
Do you know if the old light, bracket arm or filters fit the new housing?
Also I saw an adapter that fits on the housing and holds the sea and sea lenses that you can put on and off while underwater.
Sounds nice to have, if it works well, especially if your buddies are diving with sea and sea equipment.

Does anyone have a MPK-P9 that they want to sell?

Thanks in advance,

wlaurent once bubbled...
Does anyone have a MPK-P9 that they want to sell?

Thanks in advance,

Since you are new to Scubaboard, I'd like to inform you that we have a scuba classified section here called Aquatrader. You can find it BY CLICKING HERE or at the Scuba Classifieds link at the bottom of every page.

Members aren't allowed to sell items within the forums, but a post is made in the General Offers forum when you list an item in Aquatrader, either for sale or wanted items.

Back
Top Bottom