Will the Mach V Signature work with the mini STA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wmspdi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I want to use the Mach V Signature wing, along with your Mini STA on an OMS back plate that I currently own. From pictures I have seen it looks like the roll control rods might not let the SS Mini STA plates rest flat on the wing. I have the top STA setup with the bolt at the top, and the bottom STA is threaded with the bolt on the bottom. This arrangement gives me the cam band spacing I need for my short HP 80 steel tank. Will this be a problem? This wing looks like exactly what I need but the roll control/STA issue is the only thing keeping me from buying the wing for a travel rig I am putting together. Thanks.

Terry

BTW - I love the Mini STA but I had to use a longer SS carriage bolt in the top STA because it was not long enough to pass through the Mini STA, my wing, the grommet in the harness webbing, the SS back plate, a flat washer and finally a lock washer. I ended up needing another 3/8 of an inch to have enough threads for the wing nut. The bottom bolt was fine since there was no harness webbing grommet to add thickness.

The M-Sta will work...

The bolt length is for the OxyCheq Backplate & Wings... dues to differences in other manufactures equipment longer bolts may be required.. We supply them with the a length needed to match OxyCheq Equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom