will be visiting South Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Desert_Pirate

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:confused:
Hi,

I have been trying to dive all 50 states, and I will be visiting South Carolina the first week of August. Although We are visiting for other reasons than Diving we Will be Available August 2 and 3. :confused: I will be in Columbia SC, and really have no Idea on were to dive or anything about your area, so any advice or help would be really appreciated.
Thanks,
Clay

Welcome to Scubaboard.

If you are interested in ocean diving, contact Scuba Express in Murrell's Inlet (about 3 hour drive from Columbia).

In Columbia, contact Wateree Dive Center. Lake Murray is near Columbia, but I'm not sure if there is anything to dive on there.

For black water diving (and treasure hunting), the Cooper River is popular. Check out Underwater Adventures in Sumter SC - they dive the Cooper a few times each summer, and know others.

For lake diving, Clarks Hill (AKA Lake Thurmond) is on the SC/GA border. Contact Neptune Dive and Ski in Augusta GA for information, or hook up with Diveprof here on SB via Private Message.

If you are interested in diving the warm water produced by a nuclear reactor, contact Upstate Scuba - they dive Lake Jocassee frequently and can recommend locals to dive with.

Did this get you started?

ya, thank you very much. I will look at those places and try tomake a descision. Have also decided to drive to NC and book a dive with scubasafari?? or somethin like that for a couple wreck dives on the Hyde/Markham Monday August 2 if anyone would like to join us. We are really excited to see your side of the country.
Thanks again
Clay

Definitely try the Cooper River in Charleston. We have done it several times and have some amazing Megalodon fossils. I mean sharks teeth the size of my hand.

ya, thank you very much. I will look at those places and try tomake a descision. Have also decided to drive to NC and book a dive with scubasafari?? or somethin like that for a couple wreck dives on the Hyde/Markham Monday August 2 if anyone would like to join us. We are really excited to see your side of the country.
Thanks again
Clay

I can't get off work on Mon or Tues typically. I've heard NC wreck diving is great, but subject to weather issues. Good luck and please post how it went!

Thanks Lee, checked out your information, looks really cool, i think we are gonna try to run down there and try to log a few on Aug 3. does anyone have a particular location they like better for one reason or another? do you need to charter a boat? and would anyone like to join us?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom