Will be in Jeju, Korea from July 19-22. Any dive centers/site recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hcsf_25

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm an OW diver and am interested in diving in Jeju Island. I heard that diving in the Southern part is nice. Can anyone offer some advice as which dive sites to see and which center to work with? If I can work in some advance courses, that would be a plus too! Oh yeah, does anyone have an idea as to what the water temperature might be? I've been looking online, and it seems much colder than Thailand, VN, and Bali (these are some of the tropical places I've been to). Should I be prepared to go in the water with a diving hood?

Thanks for your help!

Curious as to how your diving is/was in Jeju....

I haven't been Jeju-do yet, but am heading to the east coast next weekend. :)
Definately cooler than Thailand here.

sorry, i read your post late.

there are over 30 dive centers in jeju island.

jeju is famous for tourism even in korea. for school trip ...to honeymoon.

here is one information: - /?/?/?/?/ -

you can check the dive center lists (it's in korean, you need to translate with google tool bar or something.)

i've beed to good diver and taepyungyang. i like them both but little different.

??????? ????/?????

this one is for the real-time water temperature in korea.

the island in southern part in jeju island. but i think it's the surface temp. much lower down to water.

the best season for diving in jeju(i mean with only water temperature) is from september to october. it's about 27-28 celcius. we don't need hood. 3-5mm weisuit would be ok.

i'm going to go jeju island in next october. i can't stand cold water :wink:
actually, i've been there in last january and april. (not for diving) it's good for trip as well. beautiful!

I'll also be heading to Korea this year and plan on doing a dive (or two) in Jeju this October.

Right now I am looking at using the dive shop "Big Blue 33" in Sogwipo (south side of the island) because they have a website and they speak english. Which is a plus since I don't speak Korean.

Right now I am looking at using the dive shop "Big Blue 33" in Sogwipo (south side of the island) because they have a website and they speak english.
I was at a conference in South Korea and dragged my gear there for a planned weekend of diving with Big Blue 33. Unfortunately a storm arrived the same weekend I did so I didn't dive! However, the shop owner was really nice and helpful, and I got good vibes from him. Hope I can go back sometime and not just chat with him but dive with him!

I dove with BigBlue 33 last September (9/08) and I would definitely recommend him. We dove the Little Munsom area. The diving was OK. Getting out was rough; especially as the surge picked up. I planned two dive days, with 2 dives each day, but due to the surge I declined to do the fourth dive. My computer showed temperatures of 77-80 F. (26 C.), but we did hit some water where it dropped to 72 F. (22 C.).

Back
Top Bottom