wide drysuit boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pjhansman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm seriously considering a Bare drysuit.....but struggling with how to deal with my rather wide feet.

I'm normally a size 11.....but standing on the Bare sizing chart it seems I have to go up 2 sizes to get the width I need. Unfortunately that also adds to the length.

Is this normal? Is there something really "flexible" (socks?) that I can get attached to the drysuitsuit that will give me the width, and then I can look at other alternatives for a boot?

Yes it is, Bare have narrow feet. I bought a new Bare suit 6 months ago and I will be changing the integrated boots to the neoprene socks. I wish I had got the socks right off the bat.

Go with attached neoprene socks. Then you can purchase the appropriate rockboots to go over them. FWIW, you don't need to constrain yourself to Bare-brand rockboots.

Thanks....and of course I have just a couple more questions :D

When ordering the attached neoprene socks, do you typically order your regular shoe size or slightly bigger?

Any suggestions as to who makes a WIDE boot? Like EEE or better? My feet cramp very easily when constricted from the side.

When ordering the attached neoprene socks, do you typically order your regular shoe size or slightly bigger?
You need to ask the manufacturer about this. Different companies have different sizing.
Any suggestions as to who makes a WIDE boot? Like EEE or better? My feet cramp very easily when constricted from the side.
I don't know of any particular brand/model of dive-specific rockboot that fits very wide feet. Perhaps you should check out the OTB boots.

I'd recommend getting the neoprene socks attached first.
Then, take your drysuit + heaviest socks you'll be wearing to a local shop that carries the OTB or other rockboots. Figure out what fits the best in person.

If you don't have a local shop that's convenient, place your order with a company that has a "personal fit guarantee." It might take shipping stuff back and forth to get the fit right...but it's worth the inconvenience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom