Wide Angle lenses for Canon A720

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrivken

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Canon A720 in the Ikelite housing, and I recently bought the Inon UWL-100 Type II lens for it. I know that the wet lens is designed to work when water is in between the housing port and the back of the lens, but I wanted to try it on land because I need to be able to return it if the quality of photos with this lens and my housing isn't very good.

The land test didn't yield good results:
With no zoom:

With a little bit of zoom:

As you can see, there's vignetting and blurriness in the corners.

Has anyone used this lens with this combination of camera and housing? Does anyone know if the quality of images is likely to improve when I try the lens in the pool, or is there no way to predict anything?

Bummer, I have the same setup. My Inon lens is due in via UPS today. Hope it works.

The 6X zoom may require some zoom. The 570 does not and is a 4X. The blurriness will improve in the water. My Inon does not blur like that and it is mostly resulting (and the vignetting) from the lens elements being so far apart due to the 6X zoom of the 720. I think you will find it works acceptably for snap shots in the water with one notch of zoom. Of course it is a lot of money for not being perfect. As well the large diameter of the camera's objective is impacting the vignetting. The 570/590/640 have smaller objectives. N

Back
Top Bottom