Wide Angle/Dome Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

InWay2Deep

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a pt-059 housing, what are my wide angle lens/dome options for this housing? I see the olympus PPO-EP02 for $900 but are there others? What do I need to look for when selecting a Dome/Wide angle. I'm just starting with the TG6 as I have been using GoPro's in the past for both Photo/Video. I'm planning on using my L&M video lights for now and not switching to strobes as I'll still use my GoPro for videos so need the constant light.

Also whats the deal with 'burping'? You need to remove the air from the lens when you get in the water each time is that right?

Thanks

Hi,

The Olympus PPO-EP02 is for larger cameras/housings, it must be attached before going in to the water.

With the PT-059 you have different options generally called Wet lenses, since they can be attached and removed underwater. I'have attached an Olympus chart with all accessories you can use from Olympus, third parties can provide different lens and accessories.

When attaching wet lenses you must ensure no air is trapped bettwen the housing and the lenses, I suggest turning the attaching surfaces up to free any air bubbles and then proceed to attach them.

One last note, the TG-6/PT-059 is very good for macro photography, for wide angle can be a little tricky.

Pedro

Attachments

• PT-059_TG-6_UWC_2019-05.pdf
    766.5 KB · Views: 184
Thanks for that. So w/ the housing what I'm looking for is a 'wet' lens that can thread into a 52mm ring or get a stepper? Anything else to look for or is the PTWC-01 really the only game in town? Any opinion on the weefine? Weefine Wet Lens WFL02 M52 24mm 0.47x 150 Degree Ultra Wide Angle Lens

What do you mean by wide angle can be 'tricky'? You talking about with lighting and such? Initially I'm looking to get some photos of some underwater attractions that are about 20-40' long but not having to be that far away.

Thanks!

That air lens is exactly what I was looking for! Something to restore the FOV of the camera underwater, it's perfect and the price is right!

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom