Whydah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmmmmmm.................isn't it just a bunch of sand? I would think whatever timbers that were uncovered and not salvaged would have long since been re-covered with sand.

Out of curiousity has anyone here ever dove the Whydah?

Ask Barry Clifford if he needs any help digging up the treasure! Seriously, I heard that they recently found some additional pirate booty in an area they knew about, but hadn't fully excavated before. The story is that when JFK, jr.(no bad jokes here, please) was diving with the original survey crew he drew a map of a location containing a bunch of cannon. When Clifford re-investigated the site recently underneath the cannon was more tresaure or so the press release said....

On a somewhat related note, I heard on a TV program on the Discovery(?) channel that if you invest in the ongoing Atocha salvage efforts, your dividends(if any) are paid to you in treasure from the ship. Also, all SCUBA certified investors can dive on the site and search for treasure. Sounds cool, but I prefer a bit less speculative investments myself.

LobstaMan

Clifford's Book "Expedition Whydah" is a good read and, yes, they recently made another big find at the site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom