Why YOU Need WetNotes...And a bonus wetnote story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Why YOU Need WetNotes...And a bonus story
Learn key features, use, and benefits of WetNotes use for divers. I find them an absolutely invaluable tool for any intermediate/advanced diver moving up the food chain; on par with a computer, compass, and spool/SMB. I consider this a MUST-HAVE piece of kit for DMs/Instructors and naturally, technical divers.

..and there's a funny story recounting the notes documenting the teaching incident that almost caused me to take an indefinite break from dive instruction.

Why YOU Need WetNotes...And a bonus story
Learn key features, use, and benefits of WetNotes use for divers. I find them an absolutely invaluable tool for any intermediate/advanced diver moving up the food chain; on par with a computer, compass, and spool/SMB. I consider this a MUST-HAVE piece of kit for DMs/Instructors and naturally, technical divers.

..and there's a funny story recounting the notes documenting the teaching incident that almost caused me to take an indefinite break from dive instruction.

Another good vid.

As a man in my fifties I really struggle to read instructional slates underwater. I've therefore typed and printed all the different skills per dive onto waterproof paper and insert the page into the clear window of my wetnotes. Problem solved.

IMG_20201025_070836~2.jpg

Thanks for the shout out (mention) of Scubaboard

Tangent: I have to admit, your personal style of leaving in your gaffes and annotating them adds 5x to my enjoyment.

ETA (now that I’ve resumed the video): I don’t think you’ll get a bungee in the Croquis cap opening, but cave line works. You do have to keep the knot pretty small, and be aware that (as you found) the cap pops off pretty easily, and the line makes it easier to pop off.

I don’t think you’ll get a bungee in the Croquis cap opening, but cave line works. You do have to keep the knot pretty small, and be aware that (as you found) the cap pops off pretty easily, and the line makes it easier to pop off.

I have two Croquises attached to my WetNotes via thin bungee. The bungee goes into the cap and there's a small knot underneath. I've never had a problem.

picture

I have two Croquises attached to my WetNotes via thin bungee. The bungee goes into the cap and there's a small knot underneath. I've never had a problem.

picture

How thin? I don’t have a lot in the toolbox, but all mine is too big for the factory hole.

I measure it at 1/8" / 3 mm. I did this a few years ago and I don't remember whether the bungee was sold as metric or imperial.

Tangent: I have to admit, your personal style of leaving in your gaffes and annotating them adds 5x to my enjoyment.

ETA (now that I’ve resumed the video): I don’t think you’ll get a bungee in the Croquis cap opening, but cave line works. You do have to keep the knot pretty small, and be aware that (as you found) the cap pops off pretty easily, and the line makes it easier to pop off.
Hi and thank you for the positive feedback.
There actually is a bungee size that fits there, I've had some comments on the vid about that. I think I have some but have been too lazy to hook it up. I hear you on the cave line as another option, including popping the cave line off. That pop off kinda startled me, thought I'd broken it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom