http://www.diveheart.org/

Why tekdivegirl.org moved its forum to ScubaBoard...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
NetDoc has been nice enough to host the forum here on Scuba Board, so if you clicked on www.tekdivegirl.org/forum and ended up here... that's why :wink:

My career as a Moderator was short lived. :sad:

I wanted to post more info to this thread, as it has been suggested by some: that the people who started tekdivegirl.org moved the site here because of pressure from SB, or so that SB could have moderator powers over the forum.

Let me state as one of the people who started the .org site the following:

1) We started tekdivegirl.org because we didn't have access to Kimber's site tekdivegirl.com - and knew that we needed a base of operations for a fund raising effort.

2) we moved the forum to SB because NetDoc offered it to us, he explained that the PHPBB2 forum we were hosting was vulnerable to attack. He allowed some of us from the .org site to be moderators here in the Kimber Watch forum... I can tell you that nobody else has moderated any posts in here other than us.

3) While many of us were not in favor of an information blackout. That was the circumstance. We had to deal with the fact that we were asked NOT to publicly post any real inside information regarding her accident until it was cleared by the family. ScubaBoard in NO WAY had their own set of rules. We were all merely following the requests of her family, since Kimber was unable to speak for herself.

If anyone else has questions about the tekdivegirl.org site specifically, instead of believing rumors, why not ask us directly.

friends@tekdivegirl.org

Thanks Howarde... maybe this should go under the heading "Let no good deed go unpunished!"

I don't recall any coercion on my part and really how could I do so? I have lost 4/5 PHPBB2 forums including my www.DisciplesHeart.com that was dear to me, due to hackers. They suck. I just didn't want the same thing to happen to this group.

Back
Top Bottom