Why remove NDL planner in tec modes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lairdb

Contributor
Reaction score
(I was commenting on a different thread, but reminded me of this.)

Why remove the NDL planner in the tec modes?

I get that 'tec' dives are supposed to be precisely pre-planned, and the deco planner works well as a planner (short of running an app, cutting tables, etc.) -- but the NDL planner is a nice quick tool to have. (Particularly since some display configurations are only available by setting to tec mode.)

I get that 'tec' dives are supposed to be precisely pre-planned, and the deco planner works well as a planner

You answered your own question.

In TEC there is no NDL as you should be carrying the necessary gases to manage the dive.

I use both my Petrel and Perdix in REC mode when diving REC.

+1 for wanting the NDL planner in tec mode...

But only after more than 2 transmitters, and custom startup screen/checklist capabilities, lol.

+1 for wanting the NDL planner in tec mode...

But only after more than 2 transmitters, and custom startup screen/checklist capabilities, lol.
Why more than 2 transmitters?

Why more than 2 transmitters?
I'd like three so I can have my two sidemount tanks and my recreational reg already programmed into the computer, then I can choose which I'm using.
Or four, so I can carry a deco bottle too.

I'd like three so I can have my two sidemount tanks and my recreational reg already programmed into the computer, then I can choose which I'm using.
Or four, so I can carry a deco bottle too.

Thinking it out loud here.

I understand that shearwater algorithms don't take more than two into account for dive planning.
They take activated cylinders only.
Therefore you could have four tanks on you with only a single t1 transmitter and the algorithm would work. Dive planning algorithm.

It appears that they've programmed two transmitters as such:
T1: planned cylinders
Can be two and more

T2: backup cylinder
Your bail out - usually the 40% and above ean tank

Thinking it out loud here.

I understand that shearwater algorithms don't take f2f into account for dive planning.
They take activated cylinders only.
Therefore you could have four tanks on you with only a single 51 transmitter and the algorithm would work. Dive planning algorithm.

It appears that they've programmed two transmitters as such:
T1: planned cylinders
Can be two and more

T2: backup cylinder
Your bail out - usually the 40% and above ean tank
Sorry, I don't know what your post means.
What is f2f?
What is a 51 transmitter?
My post is not about dive planning; it is about how many transmitter IDs I can store in the Shearwater, so I can pick the one or two I'm using at the moment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom