Why Not Take Dr. Bill Home With You?

Why haven't you bought one of Dr. Bill's incredible DVDs?

• It's the economy, stupid

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • the narration is too detailed and technical for my tastes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the humor isn't as good as your weekly newspaper columns

• they are too expensive for me since I earn minimum wage (recommend a price point at which you'd buy)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • SoCal kelp forests don't interest me, do some for warm water wussies

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • the quality of the footage isn't up to my high def standards

• I'm a dive bum just like you Dr. Bill

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Giving my reason(s) in the post below

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Okay, so I've now got 16 DVDs for sale on my web site with the 17th (Damsels of SoCal) to be completed by early next month. Yet a surprising number of ScubaBoard members have yet to purchase one of these incredible offerings. I decided to post this poll to get feedback on why over 100,000 members have so far failed to provide mne with the same kind of economic stimulus package that at least the US members gave to the likes of Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, etc.

Now I figure I need about $30,000 to complete my "bucket list" of dive sites and I'm not getting any younger. If just 1,000 of the SB members (less than 1%) bought one of my DVDs I might reach that goal... and you'd have the opportunity to buy the resulting new DVDs from trips to places like the Philippines, Vietnam, China, the Red Sea, the Chilean kelp forests, the Galapagos, the Maldives, Mars...

You can see my various offerings on the following website:

Star Thrower Educational Multimedia (S.T.E.M.) Products: Educational DVD's

Why not take Dr. Bill home with you? We'll both be glad you did!!

Why????

Because he's not potty trained !!!! :D

the K

And he doesn't always wash his mitts after using the "tree linel...

But as far as his dvds :) I bought a set for my ipod, very relaxing and educational! Def recomend for ANY one!
Posted via Mobile Device

I am too! I stopped wearing diapers months ago.

Glad you enjoyed the podcast versions, Letterboy. They are a good way to sample the "quality" of the proposed TV series.

Bill, I think you should put some clips from the videos on YouTube or someplace where the viewer can get a flavor of what they are and how they look and sound. I have enjoyed your columns (and appreciate where you post them) but I wouldn't spend $30 for one of them. The diving videos and DVDs I HAVE bought, I had a pretty shrewd idea of what I was buying, from trailers or clips. I don't know what your DVDs are like.

Same as Lynne.
Thanks for the links, I'll have a look.

Bill,

I downloaded and viewed the mp4 podcast. I thought it was well done. I will place an order for several of the DVDs later today. I am interested in what you have to say about the Loligo opalesence, since I was on the SIO squid expedition to Catalina in January 1972.

Have you thought of using some of the mainland dive stores as an outlet? The LDS here does a fairly good business on the Lake Tahoe video and diving books. I also think that a possible market would be the dive stores or clubs scheduled to do boat dives in the Channel Is. within the next three months.

Stan

Stan, thanks for your order. The DVDs are ready to go out tomorrow.

Market squid pose an interesting dilemma since they are not predictable year to year here. I've seen years with bumper crops limited to winter and early spring, I've seen years where the squid fishermen were active from winter into November, and I've seen years wjhen I've not seen a single one of them.

You have mentioned markets I plan to tap, but I'm also hoping the 27 episodes created for my proposed cable TV series will be sold to a number of cable providers and reach a truly broad audience including non-divers who need to see what is down there through media rather than direct observation.

Sorry Dr. Bill, you seem like a nice guy but I have a strict policy against mixing things I enjoy with politics that I hate. It's the same reason I can't buy Springsteen music anymore or watch Sean Penn movies (who is a great actor by the way). I just couldn't enjoy the videos without thinking of all of your glowing posts that I've seen about what wonderful Americans Hillary Clinton and Al Gore are. I know this seems trivial but you did ask. By the way, before I get lambasted I wasn't a big fan of George Bush either. I'm sure the videos are great though and I hope you sell a ton of them.

Back
Top Bottom