Why move a valid trip report with pictures of problems, to Whine and Cheese?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lv2dive

Formerly known as KatePNAtl
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/wh...dancer-fleets-new-carib-dancer-lots-pics.html

Why was the above-referenced trip report moved to whine and cheese? Several people who were on the trip weighed on the thread, confirming the points in the OP's post, and there were also pictures that backed up issues related to the some of the complaints related to physical conditions on the boat. I can't imagine why a valid trip report would be relegated to whine and cheese?

There are three sides to every story, Side A, side B and somewhere in the middle, there is the truth. As a whole, ScubaBoard does not try to substantiate the veracity of any thread/post. It's simply beyond our mandate to do so. However, quite often a business can and does take exception to what gets put up. Our normal response is tell them to respond to the criticisms or get their fans to do so. However, when a thread's motive is questioned we have to take a look. We simply don't like ScubaBoard being used as leverage in an ongoing dispute. It hurts everyone involved, but rather than delete the thread in it's entirety, we move it there. We simply don't have the mechanism, time or resources for determining the truth and so we make a compromise. We try to avoid having to do this, but that's not always possible.

There are a few reasons for a thread to end up in Whine & Chesse. POV attacks, rants, dog piling and the such will get a thread put here as well. So you know, the staff is in the middle of renaming the forum. While the original forum name was meant to be funny and cute, a few people want to take it to extremes. As always, we are willing to rethink things in order to better serve our users and the dive industry as a whole.

I would also like to point out that this is the appropriate place to question a decision. We're not going to answer in the thread and pull it even more off of topic. Thanks.

Last edited:
So, if I am reading this correctly, either the Dancer Operation or the Carib Dancer boat privately objected to the critical post but does not want to go public with their objection. It seems to me that their elected silence tends to confirm the essence of the OP's criticism.

us-one-dollar-bill.jpg

It seems to me that their elected silence tends to confirm the essence of the OP's criticism.

Actually, if you read the response letter that was sent to the folks on the trip, Dancer management pretty much admitted the trip was a disaster. It's the $100 voucher that was offered as a fair "compensation" that no one could believe.......and still can't.

Actually, if you read the response letter that was sent to the folks on the trip, Dancer management pretty much admitted the trip was a disaster. It's the $100 voucher that was offered as a fair "compensation" that no one could believe.......and still can't.

There are three sides to every story, Side A, side B and somewhere in the middle, there is the truth. As a whole, ScubaBoard does not try to substantiate the veracity of any thread/post. It's simply beyond our mandate to do so. However, quite often a business can and does take exception to what gets put up. Our normal response is tell them to respond to the criticisms or get their fans to do so. However, when a thread's motive is questioned we have to take a look. We simply don't like ScubaBoard being used as leverage in an ongoing dispute. It hurts everyone involved, but rather than delete the thread in it's entirety, we move it there. We simply don't have the mechanism, time or resources for determining the truth and so we make a compromise. We try to avoid having to do this, but that's not always possible.

There are a few reasons for a thread to end up in Whine & Chesse. POV attacks, rants, dog piling and the such will get a thread put here as well. So you know, the staff is in the middle of renaming the forum. While the original forum name was meant to be funny and cute, a few people want to take it to extremes. As always, we are willing to rethink things in order to better serve our users and the dive industry as a whole.

I would also like to point out that this is the appropriate place to question a decision. We're not going to answer in the thread and pull it even more off of topic. Thanks.

I did read that again and my first thought was how little difference there seems to be between side A and side B. So, whose motives are being questioned in the movement of the original thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious, how many other trip reports have been moved to W&C?
Not that many and most of them are not advertisers. Yeah, I get that a few want to poke ScubaBoard and me in the eye every chance they get, but I've never been one to cave to such abuse. Obviously, if we were into censorship for money's sake then there would be nothing negative about any advertiser anywhere. Not that the truth matters to those intent on demeaning or humiliating me, but it will to those with an open mind. No, I am not going to air any more dirty laundry about that thread as I believe it would be unethical, but as readers you can draw your own conclusions based on our past history with allowing simply negative threads to exist.

There are a few reasons for a thread to end up in Whine & Chesse. POV attacks, rants, dog piling and the such will get a thread put here as well.

In many cases mods do some thread house keeping removing such comments and then post of warning that continued comments will get the thread moved. That was never done in this case. So with that in mind, let me suggest that some house keeping be done, when completed the thread is then placed back into the original forum, and then locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom