Why I always use a Zulu band.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigduke12

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Newbie jumped off the boat before I was clear. Had to use my arm to protect my brain.
No Zulu, bye watch.
20180723_174921.jpg

I'm going to need some more photos please. Not getting it.

I'm going to need some more photos please. Not getting it.

one of the lugs popped off from the impact.
the zulu or nato type strap OP had on still allow the watch to cling to your wrist, albeit with only one lug.

I put a khaki one on my submariner recently and also bought a pre-owned omega 300 with one to change things up and am very pleased.
Got a camo one for my teric coming this week too.

What watch is that OP? I don't recognize the crown or the case but looks like a cool diver for sure.

I am hazarding a guess that a Zulu band is a single piece watch band that goes under both pins on the watch rather than the rubber type watch bands, that are two sepearate pieces, so if a single pin breaks you have lost your watchIMG_1928.JPG

aka NATO style band.

I use them on all my watch-style computers. CountyComm has one that is long enough to work even over a drysuit with thick undergarments.

I replaced the straps on my Shearwater with Zulu straps as well and love them.

Zulu strap 3-ring Black

What you really want is a 5-ring NATO band. The extra locking rings prevent the watch from sliding on the band.

The County Comm strap is nice.

Yup. I'm a fan of them too. I've got several of those (traditional NATO variety and a Zulu).

I got mine from Crown & Buckle. The top one is a heavy duty five ring. The middle a heavy duty three ring. The bottom a premium NATO.

NdTW7s5.jpg

These Nato style straps are really awesome; just started using one on my dive computer after the strap broke (no surprise given the age of it). I picked one up from Panatime and have been pleased with the quality of the materials and the construction. Plus, for some reason Panatime's Nato straps are about an inch or more longer than many other brands, which really helped for fit. NATO Watch Straps - NATO Straps by Material - Nylon - Panatime

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom