Why don't I see any C-750 posts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divemonkey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a C-750 and the new housing for it, and was wondering why I did not see alot of posts for it. I have used a C-4040 with a Light and Motion Housing, and a couple of YS90DX Strobes in the past with great results. Any tips on the 750?

Matt :06:

Probably because not many, if any, folks are using it for underwater. Hopefully I'm wrong and someone will chime in.

Divemonkey:
I have a C-750 and the new housing for it, and was wondering why I did not see alot of posts for it. I have used a C-4040 with a Light and Motion Housing, and a couple of YS90DX Strobes in the past with great results. Any tips on the 750?

Im getting one to use underwater there are threads out there Just not many the camera is fairly new. Plus once one person says such and such camera is the one to use just because they like it everyone else jumps on that particular band wagon. as of right now that camera seems to be the 5050 I think it is very expensive and has the same options as the c-750Uz just 1 megapixel different in picture is all.

I haven't gotten my C-750 wet yet. But I'm leaving for Hawaii in a few days so look forward to some (hopefully gorgeous) pics in about 3 weeks.

I have a few inland quarry photos taken in the uk with the 750 @ 22m depth...check my user gallery

Divemonkey:

Hiya, I've used my 750 on a couple of holidays, check out www.scubadive.me.uk for some shots

dn

I think the 5050 is the more popular camera now, since it has an excellent array of features and takes 5 megapixel photos. Basically an excellent all-around package.

As for myself, I use and love the C-750. If you look at my gallery on this board, all the photos you see were taken with the C-750 in a PT-018 housing (although now that I think about that statement, I can only hope that viewing them doesn't sour you on your choice :wink: ). When I was in the market for a digital camera, I took a long hard look at the 5050 before going with the C-750. For me, the C-750's 10x optical zoom was the deal-maker, since I wanted a camera with the highest optical zoom possible. I was willing to sacrifice a megapixel of resolution in order to get it, so the choice for me was obvious. It's an excellent choice for above and below the surface, and I've so far had no reason to regret it.

But take heart. We C-750 owners are a small, quiet minority, but we lurk around here anyway, feeding mostly off the table scraps from the 5050 crowd. If you have any specific questions, post them and I'll try to give you some useful answers.

Reeveseye:
But take heart. We C-750 owners are a small, quiet minority, but we lurk around here anyway, feeding mostly off the table scraps from the 5050 crowd.
Don't forget the other minorities... all us Sony, Canon, and Nikon folks!

I am a newbie to underwater photography but I just got the C750 w/ PT-018 setup before our trip to Belize. I have posted most of my pics on:
http://community.webshots.com/user/klfraser11
It was great, very easy to use and even some of my night diving pic's turned our OK... if I just could have got that darned eel to pose for me...., even though I just used the flash, no strobes... I think I better just get used to what I have first. My next WANT is to be able to fix my pictures.. I guess that is a different discussion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom