Why can't ScubaBoard remember my preferences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rongoodman

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have certain sections of the board that I like to follow, others not so much, which I hide. They refuse to stay hidden, though, and I have to keep doing it over. I haven't been deleting the ScubaBoard cookies.

Hang in there.
Wonderful changes and improvements in customizing your experience are afoot.

OK, thanks. Any particular reason why preferences aren't sticking now?

I have certain sections of the board that I like to follow, others not so much, which I hide. They refuse to stay hidden, though, and I have to keep doing it over. I haven't been deleting the ScubaBoard cookies.

For clarity, what process do you use to hide "sections of the board"? Do you mind sharing specific sections you would prefer to hide?

For clarity, what process do you use to hide "sections of the board"? Do you mind sharing specific sections you would prefer to hide?
I click on the up/down arrow on the right to collapse certain areas, such as ScubaBoard Central or ScubaBoard Marketplace. It will typically stick for a while, and then revert to the "up" position and display that section of the board again.

I click on the up/down arrow on the right to collapse certain areas, such as ScubaBoard Central or ScubaBoard Marketplace. It will typically stick for a while, and then revert to the "up" position and display that section of the board again.

These arrows:

upload_2020-9-5_11-9-0.png

I seem to remember reading something that this is a known-bug in the current version of the software ScubaBoard runs on... but could be mistaken. @The Chairman might know for sure.

I'm actually sort of embarrassed over this. I never noticed what I am calling "Expand/Collapse forum category arrows" until recently. :confused:

Those arrows. Thanks for looking into it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom