why can't i post a picture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DirtRider

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I tried posting a picture on a thread on two different occasions and it doesn't work. Can anyone tell me why? Size requirements were followed and it was a jpg. Manage attachments just says "upload failed".

There could be several reasons. I am not a computer wiz but I have come accross this problem from time to time. I think sometimes you just need to wait and try again later. It seems like the system isn't always 100%. I 've even had similar experiences with avatar uploads where it would say something to the effect that the upload had failed only to find out that it had indeed worked.

You may want to post this in the Site Support forum or send a PM to netdoc.

I don't think that function is working. I use Photobucket and attach from there. It's free...:D

Attachments are currently not functioning. Upload the picture to your SB Gallery and link to it in your post. Or you can do the same with Photobucket or one of the other public photo-sharing sites. But not Picasa.

My granddaughter taking a pic of me with her new digi camera...

Attachments

• 12-25-06-01.JPG
    12-25-06-01.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 22
Diver Dennis:
I think they just combined your threads....

Cute little girl Don.
Yeah, she's a cutie. She always seeing me take pics - I'm not as good as you, but carry a camera on my belt next to my cell phone, and I've given digi cams to her mom, dad, and older brother. Now we can all pester ppl with candid shots.

Nice pics Dennis - very nice...!

I often use Microsoft's Power Toy to resize pics, but did you know that Photobucket has an automatic sizing option for message boards that will load your 800 wide pics at 640x480 max so as to not distort the thread width. Click Uploading Options. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom