why are there so many closed threads in this sub forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacked_72

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
It seems like most (I have not checked all) of the other manufacturer forums don't close threads, but in this forum they seem to be closed after a couple of replies. I'm wondering the rationale?

I'll answer this, since this has been asked and answered already... and hopefully save Harry and Kate the trouble.

Because that's how SCUBAPRO wants to do it. Questions are asked, and then answered. They feel (and this is their preference, since it's their forum) additional discussion isn't required once the question has been answered, and closing the thread prevents additional banter and/or debate after an official answer has been given.

If you have a desire to discuss or debate more about any of these products in a public forum, there are other forums on ScubaBoard to discuss these products. This particular forum is where you'd receive an official response from SCUBAPRO.

Thanks.

In other words: Shut up, do as you are told and don't you dare talk back.

In other words: Shut up, do as you are told and don't you dare talk back.

The purpose of these forums never was to debate policy. The purpose was always to have the opportunity to ask for information regarding a product.

As John states, he is 100% correct. These Q&A Forums are not for debates, but for questions and answers. There are special rules for Q&A forums, and they apply to all of the SB Q&A Forums. If anyone needs a refresher... The rules are here -> http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/q-scuba-manufacturers/247154-special-rules-q-forums.html

-------

Also I would venture a guess that part of the reason is so that people can't post rude comments that are offtopic and unnecessary after the question has been answered.

On that note. I'm closing this thread, as the question has been adequately answered, and rude offtopic comment also handled.

Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom