Why am I seeing Ads (Sponsor)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the Moderators and Site Administrators, the unrelated advertisements are persisting in my instance of SB.

I subscribed at the Sponsor level to avoid the advertisements.

Diving related advertisements such as DAN, Shearwater and DRIS? Don’t care….those are within the band of tolerance.

Men’s Wearhouse and medications I don’t need? Nope…unacceptable…outside the band of tolerance.

Please add to the list of problems you guys are scrubbing off with the new site rollout.

Also, I keep seeing this in the margins…

“Please support us by disabling AdBlockers on this website.”

Consider increasing the price for Sponsor level if necessary to provide premium users a “cleaner“ Board experience.

For the Moderators and Site Administrators, the unrelated advertisements are persisting in my instance of SB.

I subscribed at the Sponsor level to avoid the advertisements.

Diving related advertisements such as DAN, Shearwater and DRIS? Don’t care….those are within the band of tolerance.

Men’s Wearhouse and medications I don’t need? Nope…unacceptable…outside the band of tolerance.

Please add to the list of problems you guys are scrubbing off with the new site rollout.

Also, I keep seeing this in the margins…

“Please support us by disabling AdBlockers on this website.”

Consider increasing the price for Sponsor level if necessary to provide premium users a “cleaner“ Board experience.

Same here as a Supporter. I'm seeing ads about mortgage refinancing and flea spray for example at this exact moment. Hopefully this will be cleaned up in the not too distant future. I certainly want to support ScubaBoard but having fewer (ideally no) ads is a strong incentive to becoming a Supporter.

This could be fun.

OK, let’s see…

I need a new suit and Men’s Wearhouse is aiming to be my only logical choice.

A mysterious SB doctor has diagnosed something with my body doesn’t work right anymore and is recommending a medication.

And there is the most atrocious array of Liberace-like jewelry for sale from “Leibish” at the bottom of my page. A diamond ring is going for 1.73 million dollars. Clearly, the SB internet marketing wizards don’t know my income.

@Divin'Papaw - sounds like you have fleas and need to shave a percentage point of your mortgage. I hope tomorrow’s feast of advertisements upgrades your social status.

Just wanted everyone to know that Anthony Fauci is still together with his partner at 80 and that an advertiser is titillating my curiosity with the promise of pictures only a click away.

I feel like I’m at the grocery store with tabloid magazines on the rack.

Just wanted everyone to know that Anthony Fauci is still together with his partner at 80 and that an advertiser is titillating my curiosity with the promise of pictures only a click away.

I feel like I’m at the grocery store with tabloid magazines on the rack.
And you said you have no use for the pub, it's obvious you crave drivel...

:rofl3:

I enjoy seeing ads because I can tell what my 9 y/o child has been looking at on my tablet.... When it is kids cereal and TV shows she's behaving, when it starts showing clubs and women's clothes she isn't.... 😂

As a note, I also clicked don't show ads and run and ad blocker on my computer but not my phone.

This just in…

I’m now a millionaire and in the market for a $2.5 million dollar home.

I can do drivel.

And you said you have no use for the pub, it's obvious you crave drivel...

:rofl3:

I enjoy seeing ads because I can tell what my 9 y/o child has been looking at on my tablet.... When it is kids cereal and TV shows she's behaving, when it starts showing clubs and women's clothes she isn't.... 😂

As a note, I also clicked don't show ads and run and ad blocker on my computer but not my phone.

My ads are entirely unpredictable and unrelated to my normal internet traffic.

If European motorcycle parts and national security and foreign policy analysis started popping up, I’d think, “OK, fair play.”

But the crap showing up is bizarre.

Like now…

A Winnebago advertisement.

Somebody at Google is just randomly throwing stuff at me to try to get a hit and kick off IP pattern analysis I guess.

Why, yes, almighty Google deity in the sky…

I WILL rush right out and purchase a Tempurpedic mattress for my new million dollar home I can’t afford while I sit in my Winnebago in the driveway, click on pictures of Anthony Fauci and his partner with my hands covered in Liberace jewelry and hope that @Divin'Papaw can get rid of his fleas without having to shave his head.

Maybe I’ll start hash-tagging The Chairman about every extraneous ad.

I’ll either get the problem fixed or get banned.

I love a high risk life.

OK, except for living under the bridge and sharing needles. That’s a little over the top for me.

Back
Top Bottom