Who's this Gilligan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jetwrench

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A short story:

So I get this new camera and have little knowledge as to how to use it. Enter SB. I post, and replies come from everywhere. Try this, try that. The info floods in. As I check each post, this Gilligan guy seems to be everywhere. Why(self I says)?

Then I lurk, watching his posts, seeing his pics, listening to what he has to say and checking his site for more of the same. "I'm no expert" is followed by one great pic after another. Members(including me) wait patiently for more of his posts and pics we wish we had taken. He leaves on vacation to CA and the board holds on 'til he returns.

His return is greeted with anticipation and appreciation, and he does not disappoint with more of the same pics and advice that members have come to know and respect. So, who IS this guy?

An excellent U/W photographer IMO. Better than he knows. "I'm no expert"?... I'd like to meet the genious that desides who is and isn't an expert. The term is mute. All I know is Gilligan has got it and I hope I catch it. Dive Safe!!

Jet
P.S. Sorry, Jim. I had to give credit where credit was due. You're too humble to toot your own horn. I can't wait to see the replies to this one. Your peers(many great shooters on this board) will no doubt agree.

Jetwrench:
A short story:

So I get this new camera and have little knowledge as to how to use it. Enter SB. I post, and replies come from everywhere. Try this, try that. The info floods in. As I check each post, this Gilligan guy seems to be everywhere. Why(self I says)?

Then I lurk, watching his posts, seeing his pics, listening to what he has to say and checking his site for more of the same. "I'm no expert" is followed by one great pic after another. Members(including me) wait patiently for more of his posts and pics we wish we had taken. He leaves on vacation to CA and the board holds on 'til he returns.

His return is greeted with anticipation and appreciation, and he does not disappoint with more of the same pics and advice that members have come to know and respect. So, who IS this guy?

An excellent U/W photographer IMO. Better than he knows. "I'm no expert"?... I'd like to meet the genious that desides who is and isn't an expert. The term is mute. All I know is Gilligan has got it and I hope I catch it. Dive Safe!!

Jet
P.S. Sorry, Jim. I had to give credit where credit was due. You're too humble to toot your own horn. I can't wait to see the replies to this one. Your peers(many great shooters on this board) will no doubt agree.

Gilligan has helped me also, in more ways than I can count.

--Sean

20.gif

I'm flattered. That was very kind of you to post that.

Jim also helped me out and sent me a whole lot of info off forum. 3 cheers Jim (Gilligan)
You are a definite asset to this forum.

Jim makes me ANGRY!!!! He goes diving every day!!!! It's not fair!!!!

But then I get to look at the pics and it's all better.

mtiffee:
Jim makes me ANGRY!!!! He goes diving every day!!!! It's not fair!!!!

But then I get to look at the pics and it's all better.
Now, now MT...don't be bitter :) I too wish I could have the backyard Jim does, but thats just not going to happen. The good news is the ice is gone and I'm diving tommorrow! Let's see what a few pics of Lake Champlain look like. Vis should be near 15ft by now.:O

Hey, I even tried to meet up with the infamous "Gilligan" while in Maui a week ago........but unfortunately, his typing skills were not as good as his photo skills, and he fat fingered typing and emailed a wrong number into his phone number.........<grins> oh well.......

Amazing how a 264 can turn into a 265 or what-ever, yet a guy can remember f stops, depth, and shutter speed......

We'll meet up again someday. Its always fun meeting new people, and I'm sending him a free Maui Scuba Diver air-card worth 7 tanks of air just for his fine contributions to this board and helping push me to attempt to reach his greatness of quality photos.

:dazzler1:

I have also found Jims website very helpful. I used Jim's site to help choose the right Kayaks for my operation in Mexico.

Thanks Jim!

Wanted to post something in this link.... but most of it's been said....So I just want to say

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience and always being there when I have a question.

Aloha,
Lisa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom