• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Who's gotten the COVID vaccine? Who's planning to?

Discussion in 'Covid and pandemic discussions' started by Esprise Me, Jan 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tridacna

tridacna ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Luckily, it hasn’t had to go through you yet.

FTFY. One day you’ll understand. :wink:

2. DandyDon

DandyDon Old men ought to be explorers ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Age 40 and up. Get one every few years. We barely saved my brother 20+ years back, it's been rough on him since, and these days it's very rough. They can clip polyps and prevent colon cancer at the time.

3. Akimbo

Akimbo Just a diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

Off-topic but important. I have read that many countries are now doing annual FIT (Fecal Immunochemical Test) instead of routine colonoscopies that are years apart. Positive FIT results get a colonoscopy. It seems like the recommendation here is a colonoscopy every 10 years unless there is a family history or history of polyps, then it is every 5 years.

4. BLACKCRUSADER

BLACKCRUSADER Contributor

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Lexvil

No general foreign tourists allowed to Taiwan. Anyone entering Taiwan must do 14 day quarantine and then be checked post quarantine as well. Residents and citizens of course can enter and so can those with special visa entry such as working holiday visa or immediate relative of a resident or citizen and those approved for business trips. All require quarantine and testing post quarantine.

I live in a remote area in the mountains away from cities so my chances of getting the virus is pretty slim. Especially when the country currently has no domestic cases. :) All the confirmed cases are people who came in through travel and are tested and quarantined. One pilot infected a few people and got fired from his job as he did not follow protocols. The top fines imposed for those breaking quarantine have been around US$35,750

Tests are generally free and anyone that has a fever or cough runny nose etc will be referred for a mandatory test where they will get selected inspected detected injected rejected .

I will get the vaccine but I can wait and see how it affects other people first.

PCR test for traveling is not free so not covered under National Health Insurance every resident has.

SCREENSHOT.jpg

5. birdman27

birdman27 Contributor

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Haha, very true! I watched my dad go through it. I await/dread my turn. I got a few years yet.

But we are getting off topic, so back to it. I have gotten the vaccine and I encourage everyone to as well!

Hoyden and chillyinCanada like this.
  6. tridacna

tridacna ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    I’ll donate an old tank banger to the first SB member to get the J&J vaccine.

Joneill, davehicks and birdman27 like this.
  7. Dan

Dan ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Missed the first offer of vaccine due to traveling (Belize). Luckily I get 2nd offer today, while I’m at home and able to set the appointment for this Saturday (Feb 27), a week before traveling again to Maldives (Mar 5-30).

Kimela, couv and uncfnp like this.
  8. Joneill

Joneill ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    1st shot Pfizer today - no problems (not even a sore arm... at least not yet). 2nd shot on St. Patrick's Day... which is great as a hangover feeling on March 18 would not be abnormal for an Irish guy like me :cheers:

couv and chillyinCanada like this.
  9. Hoyden

Hoyden ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    I got my first shot of Pfizer on Sunday. My arm was pretty sore even thought I exercised it post shot (while waiting to be allowed to leave). I felt a littlle achy on Monday, but was fine otherwise. I look forward to shot #2.

chillyinCanada likes this.
  10. hilljo88

hilljo88 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Ditto

This is pretty much my experience. Pfizer 1st dose Feb 3, sore arm for about 2 days. 2nd dose on Feb 24th, mild body aches from about 6-36 hours. No real restriction of activities other than skipped a gym workout. I had done pushups and Tom House shoulder exercises after both shots, but still had some discomfort. (I had a mild case of COVID in October, but recovered in a week. Positive antibody test in November.)

Eagerly awaiting you all getting your shots so we can get some dive travel in.

Hoyden and couv like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.