Who's going to Coz in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarrett:
My family with 5 divers will be there June 19-24th. Diving with Christi. HOping to get a couple certified while we are there as well.

Where are you staying? It looks like there's gonna be a mini Swampers convention in Coz that week :D

Well, I'm back in the 'Big D' but my mind is still on the beautiful reefs of Cozumel. It was great meeting everyone at Sonora Grill; thanks for coming out and meeting fellow SB'ers. Congrats to Lou and Sandy on their AOW cert. We enjoyed diving with you. What can I say about Blue XT Sea that hasn't been said before... they were superb as always. Our divemasters Arturo, Sandra, and Pedro are all top notch pros, and I can't wait to go diving with them again. Also, a big thank you to Christi who was supplying us with AL100's even though we only paid for 80's. (Loved getting 67 minutes bottom time on Columbia Deep!) You have a customer for life in me. I can't wait for the next opportunity to book more dives with Blue XT Sea.

Bo

cowboyneal:
Geez...don't leave much to chance there NY'er...lol...ever hear of Chedraui? That makes my piddling bare minimum equipment bag and 20 lbs. of clothes and stuff (including the bag carrying them) pale in comparison. I save my extra travel weight for all my protein supplements and specialty vitamins...hahaaa...have a great time!
Neal - LOL! I always think I overdo it, until there's something I need. We got on the boat one morning, and Bo's (bnajdrovsky) regulator had a bad leak at the first stage. The boat had a first-aid kit, and oxygen, but no tool set. I pulled my tools out of my bag, and, a few minutes later, Bo was back in business. However, we did pack too many clothes! We came home with one suitcase filled with dirty laundry, and the other with clean, unworn clothes. We'll cut things way back the next time we head down there.

We're home now, wishing we were diving this morning instead of sitting at our desks, dealing with a week's worth of poop. The diving was great, Christi's crew was great, and the weather held up for us. It was hot and humid, but nothing out of the ordinary. The Casa Mexicana was as reported: Clean, clean, clean; with meat locker quality air conditioning.

I'll follow up with a full report as soon as I can. I'm already getting withdrawl symptoms!!!!!!!!

bnajdrovsky:
Well, I'm back in the 'Big D' but my mind is still on the beautiful reefs of Cozumel. It was great meeting everyone at Sonora Grill; thanks for coming out and meeting fellow SB'ers. Congrats to Lou and Sandy on their AOW cert. We enjoyed diving with you. What can I say about Blue XT Sea that hasn't been said before... they were superb as always. Our divemasters Arturo, Sandra, and Pedro are all top notch pros, and I can't wait to go diving with them again. Also, a big thank you to Christi who was supplying us with AL100's even though we only paid for 80's. (Loved getting 67 minutes bottom time on Columbia Deep!) You have a customer for life in me. I can't wait for the next opportunity to book more dives with Blue XT Sea.

Bo
Bo- It was fun diving with you and Mark. We hope to cross paths with you in the future.

BTW - Not only was the Coz airport a pleasure compared to Cancun, but going through immigration/customs in Charlotte was MUCH better than New York or Miami!

nyprrthd:
Neal - The boat had a first-aid kit, and oxygen, but no tool set.

I need to remedy that RIGHT away! One boat has a full set of dive tools, and I bought the other boat tools as well...I'll need to find out WHY they aren't on the boat :) Thanks for posting that so I can fix that!

Miss you guys...making my journey to see Sr. Tourismo tomorrow...I'll let you know the outcome :)

bnajdrovsky:
Well? What was the outcome, Christi? Enquiring minds want to know! :)

Oh...sorry :) I'm legal for another year :wink: then we'll see what new requirements they come up with. At least next time I am eligible to start my naturalization process.

That's great news for you and the crew as well as for the customers.

As a true diving newbie I was worried about being able to keep up and very much appreciate the help from you and Sandra to help me improve. I'd had open water dives before and wile the DM was helpful in pointing out critters they were no help at all in getting any better - not so with your folks and I appreciate that.

Christi:
Oh...sorry :) I'm legal for another year :wink: then we'll see what new requirements they come up with. At least next time I am eligible to start my naturalization process.

Darn glad to hear that Christi. Wouldn't have a clue with whom to dive in Dec. had you not been there...;->

Thanks so much again... you and your staff really are a class act.
See you in Dec! (deposit headed your way asap!)

Craig- (Yes, Jane's coming next time)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom