Who was born or lived near water

Do you think you dive because you live)lived) near water?

• Yes, I dive because I have(had) a direct access to the water

Votes: 71 56.3%
  • No, that was not a determinative in my decision

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never lived near any big body of water. I was hooked up by chance.

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 10 7.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmmm.. weell i live in the city of orange which is about a 30 minute ride to some dive spots in laguna

I grew up near water, but this was not the reason for getting into diving. My family and I were on a vacation in the Bahamas and I started up a conversation with a dive instructor at the hotel pool and tried a resort course and the rest is history.

I was born in Omaha, Ne and raised in a little town in Iowa. I wanted to learn to dive since I was little, but never thought about it living there. I moved to San Jose for a job and took my chance to learn being that close to the water. Now I live in Long Beach CA 1-because my wife is from here and 2-so I be closer to the water and dive more.

... I have lived near the bay/ ocean for all my life. I have been going on boat trips since I was two weeks old. However, that was not the main reason I wanted to tak up diving. It didn't hurt either however......:)

Kayla:)

Born and raised on the West Coast off ireland so never more than five minutes from the Atlantic ocean. As a child spent most of my time on the water rather than in it, sailing, windsurfing, canoeing etc Interest in Scuba never appeared until I was going out with a guy who dived but never got into it until I moved to Wales and everyone I was friends with dived and one arranged for me to try it.

I get the shakes at the thought of not living on the coast now! :wink:

I voted no, but it could have gone either way. I was born in NYC, near Jamaica Bay. Went to HS in Rockaway Beach, thought about diving then, but never got into it. I did love the water, avid fisherman, and did do some skin diving when I was younger. Moved to upstate NY for a while, then Northern VA, now in RI. Getting back to the ocean and having a dive shop almost literally in my back yard I decided it was about time to do what I always wanted to. One of the best decisions I ever made.

I was born next to a large river and the ocean was near by also. I've lived near water most of my life but that did not have anything to do with me getting into SCUBA. However my total time spent on an aircraft carreier is almsot 2 yrs. While I was on the ship we stopped in Guam. I got my OW there. The reason I got certified in Guam was because someone in my command was gathering up people that would be interested. I signed up because he made it easy for me to take the course.

Wow...this is really deep. I was born near the water in Toronto so I am a diver now. Cool. I never really thought about that. Even though the water is polluted. Maybe if I was born in the desert, I would have been a sandblasting contracter. Or if I was born on a mountain, I would be a miner. But hey, life's life.

Except for 3 years I've always lived within 25 miles of an ocean (and those 3 years were close to the Great Lakes), but being close to the ocean really wasn't a significant factor in learning to dive. I have always been into water sports and that is what led me to diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom