Who was born or lived near water

Do you think you dive because you live)lived) near water?

• Yes, I dive because I have(had) a direct access to the water

Votes: 71 56.3%
  • No, that was not a determinative in my decision

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never lived near any big body of water. I was hooked up by chance.

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 10 7.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogxman

Contributor
Reaction score
It is interesting to see if the fact that you were born or live (lived) near ocean, sea, big lake was a determinative in your decision to start diving. Or may be you were just hooked up on your vacation?

I have lived near a large body of water nearly all of my life. It had nothing to do with my interest in SCUBA nor does it have anything to do with my continued interest.

I've been swimming since I was 3 months old. Grew up in Florida-spent all my time at the beach or in the pool. Definately a motivating factor in my interest in diving.

M

I would love to live closer to a place where I can just up and dive if I want. My passion for the sport came as a stem from my passion for swimming, which really was brought on by my love for th water. If I could I would live in the water....it is like a natural habitat for me....I want gills, I want to be a fish....

DiverBuoy once bubbled...
I was conceived on a beach <LOL> My dad was a lifeguard my mom was a blonde.

LOL, that's a good one. So you picked up more from your dad, I guess.

and felt drawn to it. I grew up in the land of 10,000 lakes and I tried to swim in all of them. LOL But it was the oceans that seemed to pull me the strongest. I think that if I lived closer to the ocean I would try to dive every single day. Learning how to scuba dive has just made my fascination with water reach a new level.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom