Who to dive with in Punta Cana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JAK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

Happy New Year!

My wife and I will be traveling to Punta Cana in February. Just wondering if someone can suggest a reputable dive operator that is professional and is focus on safety. We will be staying at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Cheers,

Jak

I believe all the resorts in Punta Cana have their own operators. I stay at Melia and their in hose operator is Scuba Caribe and are very good. They service a lot of the resorts in the Punta Cana area. Check with your resort to see who is their in-house op.

Iberostar resorts is home to Dressel Divers. I have dived with them on many occasions and found them to be a solid outfit. One note, the diving off Punta Cana is mediocre at best. Lots of fairly dead reefs that have been abused. The best diving on the island is off the southern coast near catalinita island and saona island. It's pretty much a day trip, but some of the best diving I've done. Just my .02. Either way, enjoy your trip, the D.R. is one of my favorite overall destinations, especially since my wife doesn't dive :depressed:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom