Who services Aeris now that Huish bought out Oceanic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Full Circle

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have two Aeris Atmos ai air integrated computers that need servicing and was just notified by Huish as follows:

Your request for RMA has been rejected

REQUEST DETAILS

Request ID: 3965

Updated By: Ron

Last updated on: 08/01/2017

Remarks: Effective May 1, 2017 Huish Outdoors purchased the assets for Oceanic and Hollis. This acquisition was limited to only these two brands. As Aeris closed on August 1, 2014, the Aeris brand was not part of the acquisition. As a result we at Huish Outdoors are not able to offer any support on Aeris products. Our support options are limited to an upgrade to an Oceanic computer at a 20% discount. This upgrade would be handled through your local Authorized Oceanic dealer (Dealer Locator).

Additional information can be obtained by logging in with your account at https://huish.returnsportal.net

Are Aeris products being abandoned?

Latest message from Huish in response to who services Aeris now.

As Aeris closed nearly three (3) years ago I do not believe any company is supporting their products or producing equipment under the Aeris brand.

This is certainly not a surprise. As far as I know, Aeris has not been serviceable by anyone even prior to the Huish acquisition.

What kind of servicing do you need? Is it really Aeris-specific?.

The display doesn’t show clearly, hard to read the numbers. Just happened from one dive to the other.

Yes, first thing I did.

Were they out in the hot sun for a long time? Baking, as it were? LCDs don't much like that/

Possibly even though I make it point to cover them, this might be the issue. I was pretty rough heading in and they may have shifted exposing them to the sun.

Possibly even though I make it point to cover them, this might be the issue. I was pretty rough heading in and they may have shifted exposing them to the sun.
Not sure I would be ready to blame the user. When they get cold LCDs freeze (well they get real sluggish - so up here in the GWN we have to heat them in the winter).

In order to cook them (just a little bit) you need 100c plus. Not likely.

Tilt the computer screen to your eye (up and down). Does it look different? If so, then the display driver circuitry is not pumping out enough juice. The display drivers got old. Poor design.

Sucks to be you. You now have some fancy paper weights.

Back
Top Bottom