who sells these? 4 inch bolts for twin tank bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I have a Dive Rite backplate which I have been using for my twin tanks. The bolts are about 5.5 inches long which are not the best size for a Dive Rite back plate. These tend to dig into my back as Dive Rite makes its plates with far less of a curve than other back plates. I was wondering if there are any stores and online retailers that sell 4 inch bolts for twin tank bands?

http://www.leisurepro.com/p-xsssstb...^157354258633-sku^XSSSSTBHW@ADL4LP-adType^PLA

I would also like to ask other folks who use Dive Rite plates, what is the length of your bolts and if you experience the same problem with DR back plates while diving doubles?

Thanks.

Sinbad

Hello,

I have a Dive Rite backplate which I have been using for my twin tanks. The bolts are about 5.5 inches long which are not the best size for a Dive Rite back plate. These tend to dig into my back as Dive Rite makes its plates with far less of a curve than other back plates. I was wondering if there are any stores and online retailers that sell 4 inch bolts for twin tank bands?

http://www.leisurepro.com/p-xsssstb...^157354258633-sku^XSSSSTBHW@ADL4LP-adType^PLA

I would also like to ask other folks who use Dive Rite plates, what is the length of your bolts and if you experience the same problem with DR back plates while diving doubles?

Thanks.

Sinbad
Those are 18-8 stainless. They should be available at Ace Hardware for way less than 20 bucks.

Yes, Ace hardware for less than 5 bucks a piece. I would just cut the ones you have with a hacksaw.
They shouldn't be sticking out past the fastener at all.

Last edited:
@CAPTAIN SINBAD

Since no one else has mentioned it and it's a great place to find all sorts of hardware online, www.mcmaster.com . A quick search got me to McMaster-Carr filter on the left side by stainless steel and thread size. You'll just have to figure out what to do with the extras since they are in packs of 5 or 10 in the lengths you are looking for. Also, and apologies if I'm telling you something you already know, if you do take a hacksaw to the ones you have now, put a nut on and run it up the threads past where you will make the cut so once you're done you can use taking the nut off to smooth the threads.

Mark

You can also just grind or cut the existing bolts to length. If you're looking for new ones, most the big Internet retailers sell them.

@CAPTAIN SINBAD
if you do take a hacksaw to the ones you have now, put a nut on and run it up the threads past where you will make the cut so once you're done you can use taking the nut off to smooth the threads.

Oh yeah, I forgot that part. It also might help to turn the blade sideways if your hacksaw will let you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom