Who makes small backplates?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZzzKing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I am aware of DSS (front runner), Halcyon and Dive Rite (AL only). Are there any others that I should be aware of? I haven't found any but thought I'd ask.

Check out FredT.

ZKY on the board makes the Freedom Plate,Perhaps the best plate made.Very,Very well
thought out. PM ZKY via scubaboard or go to Scubatoys which handles his plate.
Check out this plate in "search" and see if I'm not mistaken about it being head
over heals better than other plates. He makes em in al and stainless.
PORBEAGLE

I am familiar with the Freedom Plate and if it were for me and not my wife, who is just shy of 5' tall, I would seriously consider it for a travel plate. The Oxy plate may be interesting but they don't have a photo of it on their web site. It says there is only one slot for cam bands, however. Maybe I'll pm Patrick and see if he has a photo. I'm sure FredT could make pretty much any size I need but I was looking to get something within the next week or two for an upcoming trip. I would have to say Tobin is still in the lead at this point.

ZKY has, in the past, offered to custom shorten one of his Freedom Plates.

PM him and see if that offer still stands.

Scubatoys has a DiveRite SS plate in small. Its not on the website, you have to ask for it - Joe quoted me 99 bucks...

Thanks Bob. I'll run by there tomorrow and check it out. It's 10 minutes from work. :) Funny, Dive Rite doesn't list a short SS plate on their web site. Just AL.

So I went to Scubatoys today. They had a small Dive Rite plate but only in Aluminum. The only small steel plate they had was an Oxycheq. It had two slots for cambands rather than the one that is described on their web site so I got it. It's really cute sitting next to my other plates. :)

Back
Top Bottom