Who has the better diving and WHY? Miami vs. Ft Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jupiter sucks IMHO - or at least based on where I went.... there's a few decent sites - but it's mostly dusty and too deep to be appreciated for a full day...

Hole In the Wall is ok during aggregation - certainly an advanced dive. Everything just seemed patchy... Never had a dive up there blow my skirt up to warrant an excited return trip, and the current is always blowing steady to make any wreck dive spotty

Never new you wore a skirt :shakehead: maybe thats why you didn't like it there :rofl3: current and skirts don't mix :no:

:catfight:

Splitlip vs Netmage!
Catfight!

I think Splitlips' kitty looks meaner.
Netmage's kitty however has that pink accenting that typically defeats all comers.

Chug
:ijs:

Oh man...I may be in trouble now.....

:rofl3:

But my boy is a manly dog!

He actually has been credited with rescuing a human. Kind of like a 12 # Rin Tin Tin or Yukon King. (I don't include Lassie, cause she was a girl.)

Attachments

• pompom.jpg
    pompom.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 96
:rofl3:

But my boy is a manly dog!

He actually has been credited with rescuing a human. Kind of like a 12 # Rin Tin Tin or Yukon King. (I don't include Lassie, cause she was a girl.)

12 pound vs 8 pound cat.
I'm taking the claws.
Chug
Sorry Netmage.
But....life saving dogs are cool.

How can you say that? Uninformed comment in my opinion.

Dusty?!?! I am guessing you pulled your own boat over and were on the deep sand?

I had a video for "Spadefish", which was one of the dives I did yesterday. Explosive color, but I can't get it loaded.

This link though gives an idea of the options. Plenty of dives in shallow water. I've done 4 a day.

Local Reef's:: Scuba diving lessons at a PADI 5 Star facility, daily scuba diving trips in  Jupiter, Florida.

Perhaps... I don't own my own boat - I use professional charters and spend good $$$$$... I've been out w/ ScubaWorks, JDC, Emerald, and Little Deeper out of Riviera Beach (thats probably more WPB)

The overall conditions were deeper, dustier, and patchier....

Perhaps... I don't own my own boat - I use professional charters and spend good $$$$$... I've been out w/ ScubaWorks, JDC, Emerald, and Little Deeper out of Riviera Beach (thats probably more WPB)

If by dustier you mean there was particulate in the water, this will happen on any reef from time to time....if the current shifts from north to south, expect the viz to be poorer for a while.

As to how good the Juno/Jupiter area is, most photographers I know prefer the vibrant colors of shallower spots like Boynton, Del Ray, or Breakers.....and most of the people who like seeing BIG marine animals, and having a real ADVENTURE DIVE, will prefer the deeper, darker, more primitive feel of diving the Hole in the Wall or other sites from Juno to Jupiter between 90 feet and 130 feet deep.

You have to decide what it is you really want to see.....that needs to happen before we talk about whether we have better to the north or the south.

REgards,
DanV

That's why I asked the OP above what was his definition of "best". We all have different likes in diving.

Tim, as Dan has indicated in months past the Juno Crown reef system is where the locals accomplish most of their diving. Far, far, less trafficked by the charter operations and in much better condition than the usual Jupiter sites...

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom