Whites Hoods & Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dirkadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wondering if anyone has used the Whites neoprene hoods and/or gloves. I own a Catalyst drysuit and was wondering if their hoods & gloves were as good as their suits.

I dive with a White's hood and absolutely love it! The added thickness of neoprene around the ears makes all the difference in the world!

Paula

It will come as no surprise but I use the Whites Accessories! Anyways, the new gloves were only released a couple of months ago, and the hoods earlier this year, so you may be hard pressed to find a lot of people with a lot of experience with them. Having said that, as someone who has dived for many years, long before I arrived at the Whites doorstep I had logged more than 1000 dives in our cold BC waters. I tried many hoods - Whites last version was ok, I tried countless other name brand hoods - they were also ok - I was never really thrilled though.

The new HEAT hood - 7mm core, 5 mm around the forehead/face, and 3 mm at the jaw - is barre none the best hood I have ever tried. Because of the varied thickness in neoprene - it is warm yet gives incredible movement in the jaw area. I have tried way too many hoods where I come up from a dive with serious jaw fatigue. This one has the zipper, vents, and serious stretch.

What have I learned from dive manufacturers regarding neoprene?

Not all neoprene is equal - you can not compare a 7mm hood - to another 7mm hood - there are huge differences in types of neoprene - and the moment you put this hood on - you'll understand what I mean.

I have told a number of my dealers to try a couple sizes - it is unbelieveable. My dealers are coming back in awe - and picking up an additional 20+ for display.

Whites Hood

Check out our demo day travels - we are demoing it there - we will be in North Carolina (Charlotte) at the end of this month!!

Until the next dive,
Tyler

Back
Top Bottom