WHITES Fusion Tech Drysuit vs. SANTI E.Lite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

supajaydub

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I am hoping some one could help me with some info on which of these two suits would be best. I live in Dubai so I don't have any opportunity to test them out on "demo days", so I'm looking for some insight from anyone who has used either of them.

For me the SANTI is a lot more expensive but it would be a custom sized suit, i.e. made-to-measure and the WHITES would most likely be an off the shelf size.

I'm a pretty tall and lean guy, 6'2" and 165 lbs and I've been told that finding a good fitting drysuit off the rack would be difficult.

Any ideas on which one to get?

I'm not looking for any crushed neoprene suits on tri-lam.

Thanks

Weird, I would have thougt somebody would have some kind of input on which drysuit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi all,

I am hoping some one could help me with some info on which of these two suits would be best. I live in Dubai so I don't have any opportunity to test them out on "demo days", so I'm looking for some insight from anyone who has used either of them.

For me the SANTI is a lot more expensive but it would be a custom sized suit, i.e. made-to-measure and the WHITES would most likely be an off the shelf size.

I'm a pretty tall and lean guy, 6'2" and 165 lbs and I've been told that finding a good fitting drysuit off the rack would be difficult.

Any ideas on which one to get?

I'm not looking for any crushed neoprene suits on tri-lam.

Thanks

I dive the e-space from Santi and in my opinion the e.lite does not have any benefits over the e-space. It is a very strong suit and I think it will outlast the whites fusion. The stock suits from Santi are baggy around the legs so I decided on a MTM.

So in short Santi IMO opinion is a more durable suit, having big pockets for me is a plus. But save some money and get the e.space.

When getting a MTM suit it is very important to get someone with plenty of experience in measuring. The one who measured me was able to take a little of here and there and I walked out with a tight cave cut suit.

I own both a whites fusion with the bullet skin and a mtm santi e.lite. Both suits are great with each having their own strengths and weaknesses.

Whites:
Pro's:
Off the rack fit is fantastic (at least for me) with excellent flexibility
More streamlined?
Less expensive
Farily light weight, but the bullet skin does add a little heft to the system when compared it to something like the sport skin.
Skins are replaceable.
Multiple insulation options and still fits well
Seems fragile but has proven to be pretty durable
Cons:
Pockets!! This is a big one for me. They hold lots of stuff but have to stretch to do so (old tech LE) and when one thing came out so does everything else. I had trouble with wet or dry gloves feeling the flap of the pocket w/o looking as well. I will say that the pockets on the new bullet skin are an improvement but its not quite there yet.
Skin construction, time will tell on the bullet skin, but my old tech LE skin was getting pretty ratty looking after about one year with lots of loose seams and pilling of the thin neoprene. The Bullet skin on the surface does appear to be constructed of higher quality materials that look like they should hold up a better with more substantial material in the wear areas.
Surface interval sag, the fusion suit tends to migrate down to the knees if you're not paying attention while walking around

Santi e.lite
I've only dove this suit for 4 dives so far so these are just my initial impressions.
Pros:
Pockets!! These pockets are awesome! No problem fitting all the stuff in them. Very nicely thought out and very well constructed. Very similar to the Halcyon pockets I've seen.
Suit workmanship, Once again time will tell the story but my initial impression is that this suit looks to be extremely well constructed.
Material seems really durable
Built in flex sole boots are very nice coming from the evo3 boots. Really flexible in the ankles for the kicks. But the whites evo rock boots are nice for hiking (over rock) type beach entries where I feel these flex soles may be a little too thin for that sort of thing. Santi does have a rock boot option available.
Being a mtm fit is pretty spot on with the 400g undergarment.
I feel the flexibility is as good as the fusion.
With the nice suspenders the suit stays at the waist during surface intervals
Cons:
Price is higher than the fusion
A little heavier than the fusion. Could be an issue if you plan on traveling with the suit extensively. I think e.space is a lighter option
Maybe not as streamlined? Although I didn't notice any huge decrease in glide speed while using it. (I think team mates wouldn't mind if the suit slowed me down a little)

I own a Fusion, and I have been very pleased with the suit. That said, the pockets ARE an issue -- I use the Sport skin and X-shorts, which works quite well, unless one forgets the X-shorts . . . which I have done, and not always in settings where it didn't matter. The other issue I had with the suit was the socks. One size fits all isn't always a great idea when you are talking about a lot of extra, somewhat stiff fabric, and I have concluded through a rather unnerving experience that I do not want to use any kind of boot or shoe that can separate from the suit.

However, the Fusion has proven to be amazingly durable and resilient. I have had mine for two and a half years, and about 250 dives, some of them crawling around on limestone. The Lycra skin has faded some, and I have a run or two, but it still definitely serves. And I have had only two pinhole leaks in the underlying bag, both easily patched with Gorilla tape. Neither of my prior dry suits had that good a track record :)

I have owned a dozen different drysuits over my diving career,from different manufacturers,including an overrated expensive suit made in California,and without a doubt the Santi is the best I have ever owned.

A guy in Ohio reps the Santi, his name is Marshall Allen. (419)-335-7022. Sundiver7022@embarqmail.com

I've seen a Fusion suit, not sure which model, but I'm not favorably impressed with what I saw.

Today I saw 2 Santi suits and they are very favorably impressive. The material appears to be very tough, the seams are sealed together with glue, then heat activated tape used on the inside of the suit. The design seems to be well thought out as well.

I'll check on cost, but I hear they are in the $1800.00 USD range.

Back
Top Bottom