Whites Fusion Drysuits - Bullet Skin vs. Tech Skin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tphelps

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Aloha all,

I have a Whites Fusion Bullet with wrist seals (seen below left):
945332_590975390923690_531528699_n.jpg

It is a good suit but I've noticed it is a bit "bulky" with the Bullet skin. As I have migrated more and more into tek, I am wondering if it will be worth it for me to get the Fusion "Tech Skin:"
techdry_1.jpg

For those of you with the tech skin, can you please tell me how you like it? Trying to decide if it is worth a couple hundred bucks if there is little difference between the two skins.

Much appreciated, thank you!!

-Tyler

I have both and do not use the Bullet. It significantly impacted my mobility when it came to reaching my valves. I also found it heavier and slower to dry.

The Tech skin pockets aren't ideal, but they are usable, and you have much more stretch with the Tech skin.

My biggest complaint is the pockets. They suck! I have a yard sale when surface swimming. Someday I might actually sew the different XS Scuba pockets on I already have...after about 40 more important projects.

My biggest complaint is the pockets. They suck! I have a yard sale when surface swimming. Someday I might actually sew the different XS Scuba pockets on I already have...after about 40 more important projects.

Interesting, so you mean they don't stay shut? Or have fallen apart on you?

They stretch and allow my pocket contents to fall out. Like my Storm whistle and mirror, etc.

The pockets are a soft material and can't be felt through dry gloves, nor wet gloves. It takes a stiffer cordura pocket material to be felt.

I have the tech skin. Only complaint is the pockets have no drings to attach stuff too like in bullet. But on a dive this weekend someone have me idea of putting cable ties on the eyelets and use them as attach point. That was my only issue which after this idea should make it all that I need

I don't know whether it was somehow catching on the bots on my doubles or not, but where the lycra met the neoprene in the back ripped on mine several times. I ended up putting some patches on it. People called it my hobo suit. I agree that the bullet limits mobility, is heavier, and takes longer to dry, but it isn't falling apart on me like the tech skin did.

I have the tech skin. Only complaint is the pockets have no drings to attach stuff too like in bullet. But on a dive this weekend someone have me idea of putting cable ties on the eyelets and use them as attach point. That was my only issue which after this idea should make it all that I need
Many of us put bungee cord into the pockets, that we can then clip off double enders, or bolt snaps too.

I always cut the d-rings out of pockets LOL

Thanks for your opinions guys, this has been very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom