whites fusion bullet sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hello! im new on the board, but not new to the water!

at the start of covid i sold all my gear as my work shut down. thankfully we made a success of it so ive been rebuying kit to be ready for the autumn/winter.

ive been offered a whites fusion bullet drysuit. im just not sure about the sizing as not a typical shape
im 182cm, 89kgs ish, very broad shoulders, long legs, and a small waist. (used to be a bodybuilder and still have an athletic shape)

so a question for anyone who has one, does that sound like a 'size up' situration? my shoulders are oftern an issue with suits when i fit the dimensions on a size guide

any help appreciated.

i also have an option of a scubapro everdry 4, that i know fits

scott

While nobody would mistake me for a bodybuilder (even long former :(:D) my shoulders frequently force me to upsize as well. I am about: 178cm tall, 90kg, pant sizing(+/-) 86cm waist, 81cm inseam (relatively longer torso, shorter leg ratio than you it sounds) with a shoulder circumference of 118cm.

My fusions are L/XL and are sufficiently roomy with a base layer up to my 4th Element Arctic. The genius or horribleness (depending on who you ask) of the Fusions is that the inner waterproof shell is "oversize" and is then kept conforming by the stretchy outer skin. Overall I liked my "Tech" version enough to by a partially used (used skin w/ new warranty replacement {see below} shell) "Bullet" when one popped up at a good price.

If you go for a Fusion, make it an absolute requirement that the AirCore shell is a "Made in Canada version." They were making them in Mexico for a while and there were a pile of problems with leaks). Many of us that bought one had to have the shell replaced under warranty. Probably mostly out of inventory now, but do check.

going up a size helps with the bullet as the shell doesn't stretch as much as the tech. while you likely can fit in the L/XL, shoulder mobility will be an issue for valve drills.

Thanks for the replies :) I think the larger size may be a bit too roomy.
Considering an everdry 4 for comfort and the fact I know scubapro fit me well, or maybe a new entry level suit like a typhoon spectre.

Any bad reviews on those I should know about?

Thabks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom