Whites Catalyst Classic vs. Catalyst 360

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AbyssalPlains

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After comparing the two on the Whites website, I can't figure out the difference. All I see is a different way of how the zipper is laid out. Is that it or are there other differences? The Catalyst Classic is a lot more expensive, why?

After comparing the two on the Whites website, I can't figure out the difference. All I see is a different way of how the zipper is laid out. Is that it or are there other differences? The Catalyst Classic is a lot more expensive, why?

Hi There,

There are quite a few differences between the Cat360 and the Catalyst Classic. First of all as you have already noticed the zipper configuration is different. The Classic uses the traditional diagnol self entry zipper design and the 360 uses our newest shoulder to shoulder self entry design. The shoulder to shoulder design came from our survival suits and it is the easiest self entry zipper configuartion that I have ever used.

The Cat360 and Cat Classic both have extreme flexibility built into them, but the way they are engineered accounts for the majority of the cost difference. The 360 utilizes the Whites Captive Suspension system in the knees and waist area which provides the suits stretch abilitys. Captive suspension is similair to a telescoping torso system except that it is kept internal in the suit which provides better streamlining.

The Catalyst Classic uses Captive Suspension as well as over 45 seperate panels to achive a more close cut, flexible suit. The construction costs of this suit are substantially higher because of the number of panels which have to be welded together to create a more anatomically fitted suit.

I hope this information helps, but if you have any other questions please let me know.

Cheers,

Justin

I am a proud owner of a Catalyst 360. It is a great suit and very well built. Originally I felt it limited my mobility but soon figured out it was they way I was preparing for the dive. After I would put on my weight belt, I found I needed to extend my arms over my head and stretch the suit out. After 30 some dives, it still looks and feels like new but has gained in flexibility.

The suspension system and flexible knees make a huge difference and considerably to the overall comfort and dive ability. Plus, I can don/doff the suit unaided if necessary.

I'm just mad that I lost my hat!

Back
Top Bottom