White Tips at Reefs End, Molokini with BBscuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSeanMaui

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was on the BBscuba boat on Tuesday for a dive at Reef's End and Molokini. At about 100 feet I saw a nice group of Heller's Barracuda but they eluded me. On they way up I saw the typical reef life. Along the wall there is a nice overhang for juvinile White Tips. I saw 5 sharks in the overhang and had a really nice time observing them.

Here are some photos:

DSC_3744copy.jpg

DSC_3745copy.jpg

About 30 shots can be found here:

Molokini, Reef's End - Dive Reports and Scuba News

Sean

Great shots, Sean. I don't believe I have ever seen pictures of whitetip reef sharks that young.

Hi Sean,

Great photos! Looking at them is tough... I'm deep in Maui/Molokini/BBScuba withdrawl. It's only been a week back at home and we already want to go again! Thanks for posting. Again, great shots - really nicely exposed.

Lee

That's so cool how they're all crowded in there like they're hiding out from a storm or something. Nice to see the shots of that one that appeared to break free for a moment... As if he had to get some fresh air... :)

Great pictures. They make me nostalgic for the time I saw a pregnant white tip in just that area, but a bit deeper.

Great photos of some cute "puppies". You make the U/W photos look so easy. Maybe I should upgrade my camera/case and add a strobe. I'm ready to buy some boat time, instead of dragging my gear on and off the beach and cleaning out the sand for a week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom