White Stone Diving / Dive Haven Fire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deedaddy66

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I regret to inform you that there has been a fire at White Stone Diving formally Dive Haven in White, GA. My wife and I were in Panama City with Brenton and Angie when they received the news that the office / shop had suffered a major fire. Angie wanted everyone on SB to know,

"Thank you for all of your support. We have had a stream of bad luck here lately; the most recent the loss of our office Friday night/Saturday morning. We received a phone call 4:30am Saturday while we were on a family vacation in Destin, FL that the office was a total loss. Thank you for the divers and dive shops that came out this weekend and have supported us over the years. You have always been like family to us. We are down once again, but we are not out. We will remain open, so please keep coming out to enjoy our local dive site. Sorry for the late post, this time it was almost to much to bare."

Thank You for the support, I will update this thread when further news develops,

Dee

Whitestone 1.jpgWhitestone 2.jpgWhite Stone 3.jpgWhitestone 2.jpg

Here's my two cents from another thread:

Just to update in re: White Stone Diving (f/k/a Dive Haven), there was a fire in the dive shop Friday night. The main building is a total loss. The fire is being investigated so no conclusions have been developed yet. My understanding is that there is an arson investigation team on site today (Tuesday, Aug 7th).

HOWEVER- they are absolutely in business. I was up there on Sunday and have never seen it so crowded. Fortunately, due to worthless thieves and vandals, they had already moved many of the high-value items into a trailer so the compressor and lots of their gear are all safe.

I am hoping that this was due to something electrical, lightning or whatever. I hope that because in the back of my mind I just have an aggravating suspicion this was one of those worthless-ass thieves who were pissed they couldn't steal anything else from Brenton and Angie.

I took my oldest daughter up there Sunday to dive her first time in a quarry. She loved it (like I told her she would). Seeing the smouldering remains of the dive shop made her a little uneasy (she's only 10) but the crowds and friendly reception we always get there put her at ease. On the way home she definitely wanted to go back.

I'm certainly open to any kind of donation of money or building materials I can scrounge up (LEGALLY!!). White Stone isn't the Caribbean but it's a fun place we can easily get to for some bubble-blowing. I'd hate to lose it.

It does sound kind of sneaky with the guys that stole the nitrox compresser and tanks. I was out there just a few weeks ago and nobody was looking suspicous like they wer up to something

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom