White Stone Diving Announces their closing the business, in White Ga

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Upstate Scuba OWI

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
from White Stone Diving formally known as Dive Haven in White GA announcing on their Facebook that they will be closing the final time.

[h=5]White Stone Diving
[/h][h=5]Next weekend, October 13th & 14th, will be our last weekend at White Stone Diving. Brenton and I wanted to say thank you to everyone for the last 6 years. You all have become a large part of lives and family. This was a hard decision for us not for the closing of the business, but because of all of you our extended family. Please come out Ssturday, October 13 for a farewell celebration. We will be open until 10pm for night diving. Sunday we close the gates for the last time at 4pm. Thank you again and God Bless!! Love You All!!
[/h]

Any reason given as to why they are closing? I went there a few times last year while in the area working and they seemed pretty busy with local Atlanta area divers. (And not a bad place to be able to get some depth too.)

I'm not sure if its the reason, but they had a really rough year. On top of persistent rumors that they have been closed the last couple of years, they suffered several break ins and a complete loss of their office/shop building to fire caused by a lightning strike. Rumor also has it that the landlord, despite needing the lease money, was becoming irrationally hard to deal with.

Great little place close to home... Sorry to see them go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom