White Star Quarry Buddy needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustinLoos1985

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

Looking for a dive buddy for tomorrow, Saturday (9-6-2019) at White Star Quarry in Ohio. I’m open to the start time and the number of dives we do. I have roughly 70 dives under my belt. I dive drysuit with a DIR rig. PM me if interested please or shoot me a text (deleted number). Thank you and have a nice day.

Another good place to look is the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew’s FB page. Will probably reach a lot more people.

Thank you, I don’t have Facebook though.

Thank you, I don’t have Facebook though.

If you want dive buddies, I strongly suggest you put aside any qualms you have and get FB. I know a lot of people who complain they can’t find dive buddies but refuse to use FB. You have a choice to make.

Thanks for the recommendations. Much appreciated

Not this time (getting ready to head to Bali next week), but another time I might be interested in trying this? Only ever done warm water dives though, what's the temps at the quarry? I use just a rash guard in Roatan, but I have a full 3mm available that fits nicely here. What would I need on top of that do you think?

Generally right now, temp at depth is on the 50s to low 60s, above 20 feet it’s in the 69s to 70s. The rash guard and 3mm would be inadequate. To cold in my opinion. Drysuit is optimal but 7mm or 5mm can get you through a dive.

Hello,

Looking for a dive buddy for tomorrow, Saturday (9-6-2019) at White Star Quarry in Ohio. I’m open to the start time and the number of dives we do. I have roughly 70 dives under my belt. I dive drysuit with a DIR rig. PM me if interested please or shoot me a text at number deleted. Thank you and have a nice day.

You are welcome to join me at gilboa this weekend if you want to change quarries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom