White skunks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan

Knight Scublar
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just saw the oddest creature in my back yard.

It looked like a fat little skunk. Wide, fluffy body, with long hair and a big bushy tail. The only thing is that it was pure white. I thought it might be an albino skunk, but its little face was black and so were its eyes. It wasn't a possum. It was fluffier, and its head wasn't as prominent and face not as long as a possum's.

There wasn't a marking on it other than its face.

Anyone know what this could have been? I thought it might have just been a white skunk, but the only thing I can find on the net is a particular strain of marijuana called White Skunk :wink:

JahJahwarrior:
It was probably a politician.
He did say something about taxes as he shuffled away.

I'll name him Andy.

White skunks exist. My wife and I ran into a white skunk during an evening stroll in Portsmouth, RI. I saw it near some bushes, and thought it would be a good idea to try and pet it. I realized what it was when I was about five feet from it. I got away without getting tagged by the skunk.

My brother-in-law had an inversly colored skunk (white with black stripe) as a regular visitor in his back yard. The first time a ever saw eagle rays was in MEX when 3 came by while wife and I were snorkeling. Two were normally colored and one was inversly colored - black markings on a white background. I did not get to see the underside.

OHHH! I think you should get a camera and a zoom lense for this.

Maybe it is an albino?

We need for you to go out there with some food, get down on your knees, call it over and check his eyes. (are they pink?)

Do a search for "albino skunk" you'll get some google image hits.

You guys talking about albino skunks have some awesome reading comprehension skills :wink:

Back
Top Bottom