White-Lined Dirona at Expressions Northwest Art Exhibition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soakedlontra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am very pleased to have the opportunity to show the beauty that hides below the cold and green water of the Pacific Northwest with an underwater photograph that I shot while diving in Whidbey Island at the 16th Annual Juried Art Exhibition Expressions Northwest! :)

Press Release

LOCAL ARTIST SELECTED

The work of local artist Betty Bastai has been selected to be included in ART PORT TOWNSEND/EXPRESSIONS NORTHWEST, the Northwind Arts Center and Port Townsend Arts Commission’s 16th Annual Juried Art Exhibition. It will be held August 1 – August 31, 2014 in the beautiful seaport town of Port Townsend, Washington.

Juror, Greg Robinson, is the executive director and curator of Bainbridge Island Museum of Art, which opened June 2013. Previously he was executive director of the Museum of Northwest Art in La Conner, director of William Traver Gallery in Tacoma, and executive director of Pratt Fine Arts Center in Seattle.

Greg has participated in numerous jury processes for exhibitions and awards, and has served on the Betty Bowen Award Committee of Seattle Art Museum for 13 years. He is originally from Seattle and holds a master's degree in Public Administration from New York University.

Greg has selected 77 pieces from 313 works of art submitted from the Northwest.
Betty Bastai’s work was one of the chosen and she will exhibit an underwater digital photograph titled White-Lined Dirona (Dirona albolineata).

For further information please visit:

http://www.artporttownsend.org/www.artporttownsend.org
OR
http://www.northwindarts.org/www.northwindarts.org

WLinedDirona_Web_2024309.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations, Betti!

Congratulations, Betti!

Thank you very much! :)

I am glad that I have another chance to exhibit an underwater photograph outside the specialized world of scuba. The number of people who are scuba divers and can see the hidden beauty of the ocean is small. The majority of folks don't know what's under its surface. Ultimately I hope to arise a sense of awe and empathy that may make the viewer more connected with the ocean and inspire conservation!
And who knows maybe one of those viewers will become a scuba diver!:)

Last edited:
16th Annual Art Port Townsend l Poster

This is the poster for the 16th Annual Port Townsend Arts Festival called Art Port Townsend.
This festival includes the juried show Expressions Northwest at the Northwind Arts Center, a Studio Tour, lecturers, workshops and performances.

art pt poster sm.jpg
Port Townsend is a lively historical small town located in the Olympic Peninsula, Washington.
It has a great waterfront area filled with small parks, coffee shops and restaurants with a view over the water, Mount Baker and Rainier. It is also home of one of my favorite dive sites in Puget Sound: the barge at Point Hudson. The water entry is right in downtown near the Northwest Maritime Center. Beware that it's current sensitive so check out tide and current tables before swimming down to the barge and watch out for boats because the small wreck lies at 60 feet near the entrance of a small marina.
There are also other dive sites in Port Townsend you can look them up in this Octopus Garden Dive Page!

Happy safe diving and a fun surface interval!
:)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom