White Bio-fin Pros turned PINK!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clanggedin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My dive buddy and I both purchased white bio-fin pros and have loved them. We don't have too many dives on them. One thing I have noticed is that my pair of fins have turned a shade of pink after diving in Lake Powell last fall. My dive buddy who did the same dive, his fins are still white. I didn't think much of it, but letting them soak after the dive in a tub of water, then washing them in mild dish soap did not remove the color. They are still pink.

Everyone now asks me why I dive with pink fins. I have to tell them that they were white at one time.

Is there anything I can I do to get them back to their original white color?

I can provide photos of mine next to my dive buddies pair if you would like.

C: Post some pics and we will forward to Japan and ask for their advice.

Turn off the lights an see if they glow in the dark also!! :D

this happened to my first pair of white apollo bio-fins. Only difference in our circumstances was that I used mine in a non chlorinated pool + prolonged exposure to sunlight and they turned a shade of brown.

photos were sent to Japan and they claim it was some sort of chemical reaction to whatever the fin were exposed to, refund/1 for 1 exchange not possible. Don't bother using any cleansers on it, the rubber's going to stay that color for good. In the end I sold them off to an instructor friend who rents them out to newbies and I purchased a black pair. No issues ever since....

Back
Top Bottom