Whidbey Island fatality - Washington state

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At this particular site, even 15minutes overdue is a really serious situation and warrants calling 911 and the CG if you have it. If you don't have the Puget Sound 24 hour emergency number here it is. 206-217-6001
In theory 911 (which routes to County level dispatch here) and the CG coordinate but its not instantaneous.

Thanks, but if/when I get up there again I'll be finding a local Scubaboard member to dive with, like I did the last time. It will be a more benign site as last time, and I'm experienced enough to maintain buddy contact in zero viz, if necessary.

Thanks, but if/when I get up there again I'll be finding a local Scubaboard member to dive with, like I did the last time. It will be a more benign site as last time, and I'm experienced enough to maintain buddy contact in zero viz, if necessary.
If you do make it and need any gear (light, fins, etc), let me know.

Sorry I wasn't trying to imply you were doing anything unsafe.

Deception Pass is a beautiful dive with very picky site parameters

Sorry I wasn't trying to imply you were doing anything unsafe.

Deception Pass is a beautiful dive with very picky site parameters

No worries, it is good info.

In my younger days I would have to try that dive, but getting a bit old for the potential excitement.

At this particular site, even 15minutes overdue is a really serious situation and warrants calling 911 and the CG if you have it. If you don't have the Puget Sound 24 hour emergency number here it is. 206-217-6001
In theory 911 (which routes to County level dispatch here) and the CG coordinate but its not instantaneous.

Thanks. I've put the CG emergency number in my contacts on my phone now.

Back
Top Bottom