Which wide angle port?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You won't need a focus gear on any of the zooms on my list. The auto focus works very well.

Nikon no longer makes the 17-35mm f/2.8 and this is why it's not listed on the current Sea & Sea Port Chart. I've got an old Sea & Sea Port Chart that lists it. The requirements are very similar to the Nikon 16-35mm f/4. Using two 40L extensions will get you the length you need configure with Sea & Sea Ports like the discontinued 240 and the 210.

I've got a couple of older Sea & Sea MDX housings that I use when working with people who want to try underwater photography with a DSLR system.

Regarding extensions with focus knobs and focus gears, some photographers like to be able to manually focus in some situations.

Again, let me know if you'd like the contact information for a company that sells warrantied used lenses.

-AZTinman

If I simplify my table to remove some noise and get rid of the focus gear options:

LensZoom GearExtension RingPort
16-35mm f/4Zoom gear Product No. 311572x Extension Ring 40LUniversal Dome Port 210
or
Universal Dome Port 210/ARⅡ
or
NX Compact Dome Port
or
Optical Dome Port II/165
or
Optical Dome Port II/230
14-24mm f/2.8GZoom gear Product No. 31195Extension Ring 40L
and
Extension Ring 20L
Universal Dome Port 210
or
or
Optical Dome Port II/230
18-35mm f/3.5-4.5GZoom gear Product No. 31160)Extension Ring 40LUniversal Dome Port 210
or
or
NX Compact Dome Port
or
Optical Dome Port II/165
or
Optical Dome Port II/230

Now I need to settle on a lens and then a port. I'll shoot you a message.

Back
Top Bottom