Which Strobe Locator light???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver69

Contributor
Reaction score
I bought a Tektite Strobe 30 LED strobe from LP a while back, and on my most recent dive trip, I tested it before going on a night dive. What do you know - the thing is DEAD!!!

No light whatsoever...:mad: I have taken this light on night dives before, but it was never flooded or anything; so I am realy not sure why it failed. I've always packed it in my camera bag, so it wasn't abused or anything...

Anyway, I have to return my dive suit to where I purchased it and they sell a Beuchat Strobe. This is the one that comes with a neoprene holder/protector. I am not sure if it's LED or regulat bulb.

Does anyone have any experience with this light or any Beuchat light? Can someone tell me if this is LED bulb?

Any recommendation will be appreciated.

Diver69

The bulbs on Tektite strobes are very bright, but are also prone to failure. If the strobe is less than a year old and in good shape, Tektite will probably replace the bulb for the cost of shipping the strobe to them. I'd definitely contact them and try this route. They will only replace the bulb once.

I know nothing about LED strobes, but doubt it'll be as bright.

Just a quick update.

I sent an e-mail to Tektite and the President replied, instructing me to send it in for repairs/replacement.
I sent it in and within a very short time received a strobe light back. I am not sure if they repaired it or replaced it, but I'm a happy puppy.

Good service from Tektite.

Diver69

Glad you had a good experience. I use the Princeton LED strobe, personally. Not as bright as the xeon strobes, but smaller, lighter, and the battery will last for days.

I contacted Tektite recently too, as I've gone through another bulb and the 300 replacement bulb is listed as "out of stock". I was told that they are having "vendor problems" with a component and it may be months before replacements are available. I was given the option of waiting or swapping the 300 out for a 200.

I need a strobe and am tired of the short bulb life, so I'll go with the swap and see what happens. Given the length of time this issue has been going on, I'm really surprised that Tektite continues to take orders for the 300 on their site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom