Which split fins are best for me ?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AviZ

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, im wanting to buy some new fins, and for sure i want split casue i've heard so good of them !!!
but theres one thing left ....what make / model do i get ?:confused:
i've been told scuba pro was the first to release split fins and tusa got the idea and followed with the idea .. but im confuzed which are the best for me......i need a second opinion!!!
Thanx

I have the Scuba Pro Blue splits and I really love them. I had the Jet Fins prior to this. As far as the Springs everyone talks about I have no problem with the strap as I first put the strap under the foot pocket and then pull it over when the foot is in the pocket. I also find they work better if you have a little slack in the foot so your toes are not sticking thru the vent.

chuckrt

this may sound daft ...but i'll ask anyway cause you dont find out if you dont ask.
why black ????
do they have to be black .....? ? ?
thanx for the quick reply!!

Aviz,
First, Welcome to the Board, from NJ.
You have the right idea-if you don't ask, you can't learn nearly as quickly.

Regarding your "why black" question: the SP twin jets (I think thats the formal name) originally came in two colors, all black and all grey.The colors were NOT cosmetic-they were the result of different materials-or different variations on the same material.
The grey fins were much more flexible than the black-and many people felt that they were "too flexible".
SP's early ads stated that the black gave the advantages of the split "propeller" fin, with more of the feel of a "regular"(paddle?) fin-hence an easier adaptation.They also claimed that the greys were the "ultimate" in propeller fin technology-explaining the greater flexibility.

I have a pair of the black-and I love them. While not a major difference in air consumption vs. my USD "Blades", I noticed a major reduction in leg fatigue during 4-dives a day trips.
While I am a warm water recreational diver, the "blacks" seem to be able to do all that a paddle fin can do. (I can't comment on tec uses- no experience there.)

All that said, I have seen ads for the Twin jets in other colors-blue, yellow-and in a full foot model-black,or ???
I'm not sure what the material is- but it could be the same as the original twin blacks.
Hope this is helpful,
Good Luck,
MikeD

was Apollo with it's Bio Fins to be the first to use Nature wingz technology for its fins. It is my opinion they are still the best, yes they are a little more money but I've yet to hear of anyone complain about them. I have no personal knowledge of the Twin Fins except the original buckle didn't.

I would recomend the Apollos if you can't then settle for second with the twin fins with the spring straps

Originally posted by AviZ
Hey, im wanting to buy some new fins, and for sure i want split casue i've heard so good of them !!!

Will your LSD let you try different ones out before buying them?

Mine wouldn't so I bought, tried and sold both the Scuba Pro and the Apollo...

im not really sure if they will let me try b4 i buy ..... but i can always ask for nothing can't i?!?!!?!
Thank You for your welcomes and thank you to everyone for there input so quick ... fastest i've ever had :)
i still havnt made up my mind through looking at other infomation on these type of fins so i'll have to see if i can try them out somewhere.
i would welcome anymore comments or infomation you could give me..
Thanx
......if divers call diving down under, what do australlians call it ?
:)

Actually Adam....
Uncle's memory comes and goes.....
Seems I bought and sold the Scuba Pros Twins....
And bought the Apollos with a CC and just took them back....
Maybe they'll let you but them and return them after a trial....

Course if you dive a DUI with rock boots you'll probably want to buy Turtle Fins....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom