which side glue on thigh pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tape it on the right side using gaffer tape when wearing your suit and see if works for you, if it does then glue it, if it doesn't try the other side

When i was only using one it went on the left side. I'm right handed. Lasted about month. Then spent the 30 bucks and got another for the right side. Now all of my suits have them on both sides except for one older 5 mil bare that has it only on the right side . Does not have both because I don't wear that suit anymore.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

If you only have one pocket I would put it on the opposite side of the hand you hold a light with.

That's a good point, Candiru are you using a canister light or a pony tank in your current diving plans or in the near future? If you are I would still go with the right side since that is your dominant hand.

Good luck

I am only going to have one
Why? Most (not all, but definitely the majority) divers I know (myself included) who have one thigh pocket attached to their exposure suit, have two pockets attached to their exposure suit. I keep my wet notes in my right pocket, and reel, jon line, extra mask, in my left
Candiru:
and I am right handed.
Your right side is where you would a) put a canister light (if you had one), clip your long hose second stage (if you use one). You have plenty of uses for your dominant hand, and therefore plenty of actvity on you dominant hand side. If I am holding a light in my right hand, or have my can light head on the back of my right hand, I really don't want to have to change the light in order to get into my right side pocket. But it is hard to say that one side is clearly better than the other. Part of a response would be based on what you intend to use your pocket for - for frequently accessed items, or items where you have a more immediate need, probably better to go with you dominant hand side. For less frequently accessed items, go with your left side. Your left hand also has plenty of responsibilities - checking SPG, managing LP inflator, etc.

I do not find any problem accessing my left side pocket when I have a deco bottle attached to my left side (or for that matter, when I have two deco bottles - an 80 and a 40 - attached to my left side).

Neither, on the front, accessible by both hands

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom